Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Nothing really to blah-g...

Typically on this site, I follow the theory of not posting when I really have nothing to say that day. I'll leave something up for even a week or so, until my creative juices get to flowing again and I dazzle you with something brilliant like last last post about my TV addiction. Thrilling, wasn't it? (smirks)

Maybe it is because I'm officially one week away from the start of school for my son and two weeks from the start of Mother's Day Out for my daughter...

Maybe it is because it has been a very long summer with no official vacation and two kids who, despite their 5-year age differences have decided to behave like they are squabbling siblings just a mere year or two apart...

Maybe it is because I feel like if I sit on my couch one more night watching DVR-recorded shows, I will crumble into a million pieces of sand and be mistaken for lint in-between the cushions the next day...

But, I'm in a R-U-T, folks. When I think about my life right now, the word "flah-flah" comes completely to mind. (Yes, I know that is not a real word, but it is my blog and I make words up quite frequently if you haven't noticed.) Basically, I need to shake something up and I need to do it fast.

I had hoped that would be a dramatic weight loss and a new lease on life. But, it ain't happening so far. And, I'm realizing that maybe some of my blah-blah attitude comes from envy too. Both my online and real-life friends have had fantastic summers. Here's just a sampling:

  • One is moving to the mountains to start a new chapter in her life.

  • Another just got back from a fantastic vacation abroad and may return to study there.

  • My closest girlfriend got to spend three full weeks in Hawaii with her family this summer.

  • Another good friend has lost 60 pounds through gastric bypass and has also just started back to work after 10 years of being a stay-at-home mom and is kicking ass and taking names.

  • Another blogging acquaintance is opening up her own fancy children's clothing shop.

  • Another friend spent the summer going to every cool concert in our city, traveling several times and also started back to work in a very exciting and life-saving field.

And, what did I do this summer? Well, uh...we went to the neighborhood pool a lot? I threw my kid a great 7th birthday? I kicked butt on Sudoku puzzles all summer long? Can I get a whoop, whoop?

Could this be a midlife crises come early? I'm not sure. I am not out shopping for sports cars or checking out the UPS man or anything (no worries there, if you're reading DaddyCat..hehehe). But, I feel very "meh" and I'm not sure how to shake out of it. I think it mainly is my nightly routine that is getting to me. And, mainly that's because all my interests that are things I can do at night involve sitting on my arse while I do them.

Does that mean I want to go start an underground hip-hop dance movement on the streets of my Texas suburbia? No. Our streets have had enough scandals lately by way of infidelity and divorce just down the street. No one feels like hipping or hopping here. And, besides, I don't have a hip in my white tushie even if I wanted to dance in such a manner!

So, my apologies for this one and for many that may have made your eyes start to glaze over. I'm sure I will have many a fun and interesting stories once my kids are both in school. Hell, at least I'll have some personal time to get my damn bushy eyebrows done so I can stop walking around looking like Chewbacca's niece or something!

But, until then, I will have to rely on you, my blog commenters and writers of my favorite blogs, to keep me perked up. After all, you guys really don't want me to try the hip hop...I promise, it would be REALLY scary!

8 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

Coooome ooon. Great posts with DOZENS (or at least TWO or THREE) RAPT readers, AND beat sudoku puzzles into submission. Surely worth a sainthood, capital lettered comments, or at the very least one whoop.

11:50 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

gosh, I wish we could trade places for a day or two... maybe that would take the "meh" out of both of us!

10:12 AM, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Momcat! Get busy! Shake your bootie.

You know that I so want you to dance.

10:23 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Thanks, Geoff. I promise that wasn't a sad attempt to get someone's attention, but it might have really sounded like that. I appreciate the comment (and the whoop)!

11:41 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger TC said...

I so get where you're coming from.

12:12 PM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Don't forget checking things off your "to do" list!!
I am so feeling the bleh. It happens every year around this time. Summer coming to an end, getting the kids back into their routine...
I vote for the hip hop thing... but that would probably just amuse me and not help you!
Maybe you could start a group blog where everyone contributes stories on getting in touch with their inner-slug or where everyone reviews and mocks a reality show of their choosing... What do you think?

12:28 PM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

Waat? You're not jealous of me? I guess that wouldn't make sense since we seem to be living parallel lives. I think once fall comes and the air changes, it will stir up some ambition in me. And maybe you, too. Although you have a few more months until fall...hey, maybe you should come to the mountains, too!!!

2:58 PM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I have to say "Please" to both Nicoles here. No dancing, Sitting Still Nicole. No DANCING!

Nicole from CO, I'm not jealous of you, but I am totally in AWE of you. 3 boys under the age of 7 and you are still in one piece? Oh, and I will be visiting the mountains soon...you can bet on it!

Babs--I'd love to swap places. I miss Austin a lot!

Babaloo--I'm still plugging away at that list. Making slow progress so at least that is something, right?

11:23 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home