Monday, July 31, 2006

BlogHer Envy Bubbles Up Again

Surely I am not the only one who is feeling it. Those bitter pangs of envy? The way you keep checking blogs to see pictures of all of them? You know, the chosen ones?

The bloggers who got to go to BlogHer 2006, that is.

Is it just me, or is it really sucky not being a part of this for the second year running? Last year, my friends and I were all new bloggers. We spent the week pining away about not getting to go and meet our favorite bloggers. After all, the infamous Dooce was there! Clever Alice, of Finslippy, for God's sake! And, Melissa from Suburban Bliss gave the best recaps of the week by far last year, approaching the week in much the same way as I might have--in utter awe of her fellow bloggers and with a drink in her hand to celebrate. (Hmmm...I'd better go check her blog out now for recaps that I think about it!)

But, alas, I am not a "celebrity" blogger. I'm a lurker on these sites, or at most an infrequent commenter. I admire them from afar as I sit in front of my "little Blogger site that could." My commenters are not in the hundreds or even over a dozen or so on a great day. Still, to me, they are a special crew and I cherish every comment I read. My blog is truly an open look at my life with all its ups and downs--sometimes it is funny and sometimes sad and sometimes it is neither. Sometimes it is just stuck in-between, just like my life feels on many days. But, I digress...

So, as the posts start to go up about BlogHer this year, I'll read with envy and enjoyment. I admire a great many of these writers and it is so amazing to see such a diverse group of talented and driven women descend upon a city. It's quite revolutionary, when you think about it realy. And, who knows...maybe next year I will take the dive and go too.

A girl can dream, can't she? (wink)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Next year - that sounds great... I wonder if I'll be able to go... I'd love to actually meet some of "those" people.
LBC

7:01 PM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a bit obsessed with the BlogHer recaps and photos. While it seems silly to save money to go to a conference about something I do as a hobby, I'd really like to meet in person so many of the people I call blog friends or admire from afar. Maybe next year...would you be my roomie?

9:30 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

The whole BlogHer thing doesn't interest me. I have a group of girlfriends and we go away once a year anyway so I think that itch already gets scratched in my life.

Dooce was in Austin the same weekend I was last Spring. Of course, I am not a regular Dooce reader so I guess thats why I didn't need to go and see her.

Maybe we should hold a Texas BlogHer Fest?! Now THAT I would come to!!

7:41 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Hey, Nicole, That's a lot of the reason I haven't justified going as of yet. But, hey...it sounds like a blast and I'd love to be your roomie!

And, Debbie, I already emailed you but I'll say it again--let's get that party started, sistah!

8:03 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

I think you should go to BlogHer next year, so I'll finally *know* someone in all the pics I see!

9:56 AM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love to meet my internet friends in "real life", so I can't imagine how exciting it would be to have a whole room full of them right there at my disposal! I think a lot of my friends don't really "get" the blogging culture, so it would be so fantastic to spend a weekend with a group of people who truly understand the phenomenon. Plus I might get to learn some of the more technical aspects of blogging that currently mystify me.

Come on... I say next year? We're totally there ;)

12:47 PM, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home