Saturday, July 22, 2006

A spontaneous mid-summer mini-escape!

My already-too-bored-with-summer son is spending tonight at his Aunt's for fun. Then, tomorrow night he's got his first sleep-over/birthday party at a neighbor's. Normally, I'd be here doing my thing and hoping all goes well for him, available for that late night call if he freaks out and wants to come home.

But, as it turns out, I'm having a last minute little get-away myself. My destination of choice, most-awesome Austin, holds a dear place in my heart filled with great friends from my pre-mommy days. The reason I'm going may make me get verklempt, but I'm happy about it too-- one of my closest friends there is moving away. Far enough that I would have to fly to see her. Sniff, sniff...oh, there I go again. OK, I'll write more on that another time.

In summary, Crazy MomCat was near the summer-time breaking point with that Sudoku post. But, now, MomCat has a new pedicure, one finished quilt square and invites done (two things off THE LIST), and a lift in her step as she heads to see her friends tomorrow.

I'll be back soon, but until then, why don't you stop on over to TBFKAL's (The Blogger Formerly Known as Lucinda's) site and congratulate her. She has baby number two on the way! If you read Lucinda's blog, you'll be happy for her and for you. I'm sure she'll have TONS of hilarious pregnancy/new baby stories to entertain us with over the next year! Congrats, L!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time and give us all the details when you return! (I'm bored with summer, too.)

7:58 AM, July 22, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Thanks, Steph! Have a great weekend.

One of my good friends moved last year- She had been about an hour away and now she's about eight hours away and I still miss her terribly. :)

11:39 AM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great time with your friends in Austin Steph!!!

12:31 AM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

We have had two family friends move away this summer. I am happy for them because they are moving on to something better...but it still sucks for us!

2:43 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Yea!! I can comment. I only got kicked off once!!

Yea for Momcat and getting together with girlfriends. Sounds much more fun that Suduko in the potty!!

8:45 PM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home