Sunday, July 16, 2006

Must see Mom-TV

While setting up my DVR to record my latest TV obsession (What Not To Wear), I stumbled across a little show that looked interesting. So, I began recording Surviving Motherhood on TLC. And, now, I am so glad that I did! Surviving Motherhood is like 30 minutes of television therapy for mothers of young children. (I'll have to talk about the WNTW obsession another time, as it is WAY out of control!)

The show's concept is not rocket-science, but it sure is relatable. Take 4 or 5 mothers with varied backgrounds and experiences and plop them in a coffee shop to talk with one another. Each mother has an issue or problem to discuss. Each week, you learn one mother's story and the other mothers offer their advice based on their experiences. But, also helpful is the advice from the "expert" (typically a psychologist of some sort) on how to remedy or alleviate the problem.

I am a fan of ABC's Supernanny show, but one of my main complaints is that they feature very extreme cases with each episode. Surviving Motherhood does not. It shows real moms dealing with everyday parenting issues, such as: dealing with picky eaters, refusing to go to bed on time, and taming the temper tantrums. I highly recommend it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I'll check it out...I also watch the Nanny 911 and Wife Swap shows. You're right...they find the freakiest families to help out!

12:43 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

I love the super nanny show. But you're right, the families do seem pretty extreme. I'm glad that was part of the design and not just average families picked out of nowhere!

1:12 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

I'll have to find that one! I love supernanny and the other nanny show, but you are correct, they do have the weirdest of weird on those shows.

LBC

5:59 AM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home