Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Another quickie...

Get your mind out of the gutter when you read this post's title! Shame on you!

Well, it is official. Not only did my last post establish that I'm about as wishy-washy as they come, but in the next few days I will become a magazine editor! After talking it through and discussing the job with another editor at a similar magazine, I decided that I could handle the workload with my current part-time work and not sacrifice my "mommy time." It is hard to believe that I've had two great opportunities fall in my lap over the past few months, and I'm glad I'm going to try to do both of them. Yes, I have said my prayers of thankfulness a lot lately.

Under the category of "cute things that your kids say"...

My son found a new pencil in the grocery store parking lot next to our car. There was nothing special about this standard yellow number 2. However, he quickly picked it up and got in the car.

After analyzing it meticulously, he then informed me that he was actully collecting pencils so this was quite a lucky day for him. He then qualified that, saying it was not just any pencils.
No, he was only interested in the pencils that were "made in China." When I asked him why, he said, "Because I LIKE China, Mom" as if it was the most stupid question I could have ever asked him. Then, he quickly added, "And, next week I'm going to collect some from New England."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Leanne said...

Congratulations!!

I'm going to have to inspect our pencils for the made in china mark. I can't remember ever seeing one! LOL

Word verification: koznodz. That's a cute word. Makes me want to look up a definition and use it in a sentence.

6:53 AM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow! That's awesome! I knew you'd get it.

2:26 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so adorable... haha, "New England"!

And congrats on the job, that's so awesome!

4:50 PM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Alison said...

Congrats on the new gig! I hope you find you're able to balance your work time vs. mommy time the way you want!

(And if you need any writers...you know where to find me! ;-) )

I love the idea of collecting pencils made in New England, BTW! Too cute.

9:08 PM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home