Saturday, April 21, 2007

The No More Meh Meme!

One of my favorite blogging gals out there is Nicole at Sitting Still. We both started blogging about the same time, she's a Southern gal, and she's got a great sense of humor. Anyway, she's put a meme challenge out there and I decided to take her up on it.

The way this meme works is this--you reply in my comments if you'd like to be interviewed for a meme. I will send you a list of 5 questions, picked by moi, and then you answer on your blog. You can invite others or do what I'm doing, open it up to whomever wants to participate.

So, lurkers, come out out of those dark corners and give me a shout out! And regulars, of course I want to hear from you too! This is also a great way to find new blogs and so let's all do the meme!

1) Tell me a secret. What's one thing about you that I wouldn't know from reading your blog? (And I've been reading your blog a long, long time!)
How about this, in high school I was just a few points away from doing well enough on my SATs to get an ROTC scholarship from the Air Force. I considered going to the Air Force Academy (probably couldn't have gotten in and I knew that). When the scholarship didn't work out, my mother talked me into doing sorority rush where I ended up getting in a new sorority on campus.

Now, the interesting thing about that was that our pledge class was filled with girls who were more anti-sorority types than your stereotypical sorority girls. It made things very interesting and very fun. But, once we recruited a few more pledge classes it was never the same group again because we became, gasp, mainstream like all the others.

2) You've recently returned to work after some time as a SAHM. What has surprised you most about that transition?
How invigorated I feel, to be honest. I worried that I wouldn't have time to fit it all in and I'd become irritable to my family. I have had no problems juggling and, truthfully, it has brought my self-esteem back. I never knew how far it had fallen, but now I feel proud of my job skills and abilities and I LOVE this new job! I feel more alive than ever! And, I promise, I'll write more about it soon. (I know I keep teasing that, but I really haven't had time to write much lately.)

3) Do you have a "five year plan"? If so, what do you hope the next several years hold for you and your family?
I don't really have a five year plan. I never expected to have this opportunity to get back into my journalism background doing something so fun. But, I guess when I think about it, I'd love to continue on and maybe work my way up to a larger magazine that has a bigger circulation. That, and I'd really like to take the kids to Disney World. Actually, I think that second one comes higher on the list (grin). Finally, I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs and possibly get off of some of the blasted medications I am on currently.

4) Name five 'luxury' items that you could not live without.
My computer, email, and the internet....oh gee, now I only have two left. How about my iPod and a gym membership.

5) If you were going to be stranded on a desert isle with only basic supplies and an iPod, what five songs would you hope it had on it?
First off, thank GOODNESS I'd have my iPod. I can't imagine my world without music. As far as choosing songs, ugh. I always have a million favorites. I think that I'd want inspirational stuff, you know to motivate me to try and get the hell off of that chunk of sand before I became nut-so and began talking to my volleyball Wilson. (grin)

How about these? Most are from my workout selections:

"It's My Life" Bon Jovi
"Lose Yourself" Eminem
"Home" Daughtry
"Blessed" Martina McBride
"U and Ur Hand" Pink

OK, guys. Your turn! Leave me a comment if you are interested in playing, or even if you're not and you want to tease me about my song selections!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome answers! Thanks for playing with me. And you are sounding happy. That is good :)

9:57 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

Interesting insights...and you do sound happy!

I'll play, too!

1:36 PM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How interesting!! I'd love to play as well--I'm trying to get back to blogging regularly and I need inspiration ;) I had no idea you'd considered the Air Force--I'd say you made the right decision, haha!

3:51 PM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home