Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In the Thicke of Something...

What is the deal with Robin Thicke, people? This guy is ALL OVER THE PLACE. And, I have a problem with this. Yes, I'm going to step out there and go against a coveted "Oprah" pick to say that I just don't get what all the fuss is about with this guy.

OK, he's decent looking enough. But, the first time I saw him, all I could do was thinking about his Dad, Alan Thicke. You know, Jason Seaver on Growing Pains? Kurt Cameron's slightly nerdy therapist Dad? He looks way too much like him, if you asked me. And, as a child of the 80s, I loved me some Kurt Cameron. I'll admit it. And, I totally wanted Joanna Kerns hair. But, Jason Seavers was not my bag, baby.

Then, there's his voice, which sounds a little too much like he's been sucking helium for me to take it seriously. The first comment my husband made when he saw the guy on the t.v. the other day was "what is wrong with his voice?"
Finally, the little Hitler-stache has GOT to go. I'm telling you, I just don't get what all the hub-bub is here. Maybe I'm missing something though...

I do have to give him some props however. Because I found THIS publicity photo of him from his first album.

Ok, now that IS some kind of evolution. One that might even impress the Geiko caveman! Well, after seeing that, I guess I can put up with the mini 'stache. And, who knows? Maybe he'll finally go through the voice change and sound like Barry White by his third album!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Oprah has lost her mind these days. I couldn't even watch this guy. But, the long-haired, bad boy version I might have watched.

4:00 PM, May 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you--I was tuned into Oprah that day and it was the first time I'd been exposed to him. Let me tell you, NOT impressed! Since then I've seen him everywhere and I still don't get it. I don't know, I guess all of my male falsetto love is reserved for J.T.!

11:08 PM, May 30, 2007  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Ick. He makes me want to gag. Stop singing like a girl!!!!!

1:58 PM, June 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home