Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Redeeming myself...and randomness...

Well, all was not lost, as my last post may have indicated...
  • The legend of the Tooth Fairy lives on, thanks to my note and lots of surprised faces from both my husband and me when my son showed it to us. One thing I love about children is that, if they truly want to believe, they will believe. (That and slipping him an extra dollar didn't hurt!)
  • In approximately a day and a half, I will be on a plane to visit Virginia and our nation's capitol for the very first time. Our impromptu trip came thanks to my husband's company who offered to pay our way, our room and our rental car for the weekend. So, tell me, what are the MUST see things in DC (aside from the obvious)? We will only be there two days, so I have a feeling it is going to be a whirlwind trip.
  • And, until that time, there will be a whirlwind of crazy activity here as I try to get everything prepared to leave. (Yes, I haven't even started.) My mind has not been on this trip at all. I decided that if I have to stay up until all hours the night before, I will. But, I'm going to enjoy the last few days I have my daughter in Mother's Day Out before summer break. Today involved a few hours of scrapbooking with old friends, tomorrow will be my card making workshops at the church and Thursday will include a few more hours of scrapbooking. I don't care how far I am behind. (Don't talk to me about this on Thursday night though...)
  • When we return, I will be going into full-on commando potty training mode. The diapers are history, my friends. I will win this battle with my 3-year-old if it is the last thing I do!
  • How about that American Idol? I have run out of haiku now that I'm happy if any of the top three win. I have a feeling it will be Melinda and Jordin, but I thought Blake did great tonight. So, tell me, for whom are you rooting?
  • Random aside: I grew up in a small Texas town and got my share of country music. As an adult who has lived in all three of the largest Texas cities, I have grown to have very diverse musical tastes. I like this about myself, actually. But, there is one reason I still go back to my country music now and then. Where else, could you find lyrics like these:
I'd like to see you out in the moonlight,
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks,
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers,
And, I'd like to check you...
...for ticks.


Check back here late on Friday--not for ticks--but for my review of something that I know all mothers of boys will appreciate.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

DC, Huh?
Well, I suggest the trolley tour. You'll see a lot and you won't get too tired. I love the spy museum. That's $15 per person, but well worth it. You might want to consider one Smithsonian Museum - there's no way you can do them all. Union Station is a great place for a glass of wine and some munchies... The Library of Congress is awesome and you can get a library card, too!!
Friends of ours were here for a week and they thought the trolley tour was the best way to see it all and then decide what they wanted to see more of.
You don't have time to get White House passes... Maybe you can do that next time.
Have fun!!
xo
LBC

5:23 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm rooting for Melinda and I think it will be Melinda and Blake in the final--but any of them could win and it wouldn't be unreasonable.

I've been to DC many times, and I think I'd go for the Smithsonian. The Air and Space Museum/American History are my personal favorites. The Native American Museum is new--and I can't wait to see it.

I think it's the best way to see the most. Also--they do have a great metro system if you aren't super close to somewhere you want to go. After dark there is a great fairly inexpensive water tour of the monuments--that may let you see some with less walking.

Wear comfortable shoes and take a purse without a million pockets--I went shortly after 9/11 and at that time they were checking bags. I chose my bag poorly.

3:54 PM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I couldn't find a comment section for the your latest post on the boy book. I love it! I agree that there is very little that CELEBRATES boys istead of running them down and telling them they "get everything" in the world. As a mom of three boys I am happy to see such a book.

10:10 AM, May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home