Monday, May 21, 2007

Showdown at the PP Corral

The day has come, my friends. I gave myself the deadline of going cold turkey with the potty training thing with my 3-year-old for today, once we got back from our quick trip to Washington, D.C. It is potty or bust in the MomCat household.

And, how have we fared so far? We're 0 for 3, with 1 wet grocery store floor, one accident on our carpet and one nap time wet-in.

My daughter refuses to use her potty. Here are the facts before I ask for your advice:

She knows HOW and has used it on a whim before.

I have not pushed her, but I can tell if I don't push her this will never happen.

She can hold it a long time, even overnight.

She does not fall for bribes of candy, special treats, etc. I could offer her the moon and she would rather not go.

It is almost as if she suddenly has a fear of going in the potty, and I can't figure out why. We've always been positive about it. We watch potty-time videos and have potty books and she loves both.

My son potty trained in about 2 weeks and very easily at the age of 3. No issues. No crying. No problem--I waited until he was older and he was ready.

Any advice for me here? If you haven't potty trained or don't have that in your future, my apologies for bombarding you. And, oh...and also...I'm jealous of hell of you as well...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

Man, that sucks. I wish I had some advice for you, but I've been trying unsuccessfully to potty-train my husband for years.

6:52 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, husbands. They are another story. I gave up on that years ago! HA!

7:16 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

Do you have any child care?
Seriously - my son's day care helped me when it was time for him, and my daughter now tells me that she can't pee in her panties because 'Chelle (the babysitter)said not too.
It takes a village to potty-train.

8:49 PM, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God, I have no idea... I can tell you that it took me over a year to train Ellie and even then I have no idea why it suddenly clicked. But then, she's a dog, so you know... take that with a grain of salt ;)

11:24 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

If pet potty training is any indicator of my success with potty training kids, I'm in deep ca-ca (literally, today if you read my latest post!)

11:15 AM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home