Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Seismic hair waves prompt big shifts in the atmosphere....

It's funny, today I read a few blog posts from people who just did what I did--got sick of their hair and whacked it off. What, is there a full moon or something? Some earthly pull that drives a woman to consider walking blindly into a salon and letting some stylist have their way with her tresses?

I knew it was time to cut my locks when my stylist, who normally says, "I really prefer long hair" switched to saying, "Sure! What are you thinking about?" and then enthusiastically whacked away at what took me years upon years to grow out. Sigh.

Here is the back of it, and the end result. Not bad. It is definitely going to be easier to manage, I think. The front is pretty much the same with a little tapered side bang that is almost as long as the back, but not quite.
I know it looks incredibly plain in this shot, but you have to imagine its state before to understand my joy with this. I'd attempted to grow the long layered/long bangs look and it ended up looking more like a bad/fried 80s hairdo than it did what I wanted. Picture Farah, only over-processed and aging Farah. Or perhaps the guy from A Flock of Seagulls once the sides finally grew out/
The verdict was pretty good from those I asked:

Me--liked it instantly
Hubs--said he liked it instantly
Son--said "What did you do to your hair? It is too short. I don't like it." (leave it to kids...sigh...)
Daughter--said nothing until I pointed it out and then said she liked it.
Evil Neighbor--said it looked great (note to self, don't trust this one...)

So, I'm sporting a new 'do and now feel energized about getting back into losing weight and a healthier lifestyle. I made the grilled cheese sandwiches with innards mixed with pureed sweet potato tonight and my son proclaimed it perfect. Score for MomCat! The REALLY miraculous thing will be if I wake up tomorrow and am able to recreate this hairdo, actually.

This last link is something that absolutely horrified and disgusted me. Have you all heard of this doctor and what he and a little girl's parents did to her? It is absolutely unbelievable and unethical and it doesn't surprise me that he couldn't continue on after doing something like that. Modern medicine can be such an amazing and great thing, but it is cases like this that show it's dark and ugly side...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I know exactly what you mean. I decided I needed a change so what did I do? I cut my hair!! Its a little bit longer than yours but not much. Everyone loves it so I guess I did something good!! Take care!!

Pam

6:48 AM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I think the back looks fabulous! I can't imagine how great the front must be!!

Here is my kiddo's idea of a compliment on my hair - "Did you do something to your hair?"

11:01 AM, October 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new haircut - it looks clean and bobbed in back and I'm sure looks cute in front!

5:53 PM, October 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home