Thursday, September 06, 2007

Those Darn Kids!

It's been awhile since I've shared any cute kid moments from my brood. But, there have been a couple of ones that really got me to howling in laughter lately.

First off, the karaoke machine has got to be the greatest invention for parents since, oh I don't know the Playstation? My sister-in-law left hers here for the kids a month or more ago and I'm afraid I will have a real fight on my hands when I have to return the thing. The performances by our kids have kept us in stitches and made for many adoring moments.

One afternoon, while performing to one of my son's favorite Guitar Hero songs, we noticed that my daughter, in between her shrill screams that sound like dolphins in agony, was singing the wrong words to the main verse. We like her version better immediately:
"I love Rock-n-Roll! Put a dime in the JUICEBOX, buhbeeeeee!!!!"

Joan Jett would be so proud!

Today, was a classic dialog with my son. I was ordering at Sonic (breaking my good diet thanks to a roaring case of PMS and a late soccer practice--grr!). I commented that I didn't like that much on the menu, except for the Breakfast Bistro sandwiches.

My eight-year-old personal advisor says, "Well, get the Bevo one then, Mom. Just get it."

"What?" I said, holding back a chuckle. When he repeated it, I said, "It's
Bistro. Bee-strough."

I paused and added, "Do you know what Bevo is?"

"Sure, I do," he confidently responded.

"It's in that song, 'Bevooooo, Las Vegas! Bevooooo, Las Vegas!!!' You know, the one by Elvis?" (The child absolutely loves Elvis.)

Trying to contain my laughter so that I did not wet my pants right there in the drive-through line, I said, "VIVA! It's Viva, Las Vegas."

"Oh," he said and quickly retorted, "Well, there's 'Bevo and BUTTHEAD' isn't there?"

Then he triumphantly cackled as only an 8-year-old boy would do at the
fact that he managed to work the word "butt" into conversation. And, his sister giggled right along with him.


OMG! I just love my kids!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So funny. Put another dime in the juicebox? Bevo and Butthead, heh-heh heh-heh, I wrote the word butt.

3:58 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Good thing you are writing this stuff down!

Word to Momcat: Diet limeade and a grilled chicken wrap. Yum.

6:02 AM, September 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my son's defense, he was referring to the UT mascot and their alumni. He just forgot that instead of saying "butthead" he should have said "buttheads" ;)

DaddyCat

9:34 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger babs said...

I think it's funny you had that whole exchange at a Sonic... Just like in the commercials!

And I'm glad DaddyCat clarified for us. I was like "surely he knew about the REAL Bevo, right?" :)

10:57 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

My son knows enough to "get his guns" up when he sees burnt orange, let's just say that. We're a whole lot closer to Gig 'em than being Tea Sips, even if we lived in A-town for 5 years. HA!

Debbie--I'm all over that menu suggestion. Thanks!

2:27 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've got great kids!

4:23 PM, September 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home