Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Getting back to it...

There were four of us at first. We took the leap into blogging. Friends for years, I was separated from them by geography, and I loved the fact that I could keep up with what was going on with them through their blogs. Later on, others joined us and my circle of personal blogging friends grew while I made new blogging friends too.

And, then, a few months ago, whether it was coincidental or not, we all sort of slowed down with it. Some stopped entirely this summer. I filled my blog posts with more fluffy things and reviews instead of the deep stuff. And, I started to lose touch with these friends of mine that I've known most of my adult life. Our lives all taking us in other places, I sadly hoped that we would somehow stay in touch...but worried that we might not.

Then, not long after, I took a trip and saw one of them who had moved even further away than I had. And, I learned that time and distance doesn't change real friendship, as I saw my friend for the first time in more than a year and it felt like I'd just seen her yesterday. Our conversations were non-stop until the wee hours of the mornings that I was there and then abruptly ended when I got on the plane to leave. She even commented at how weird it felt to just say goodbye and put me on a plane.

And, then I came home to one of these friends sending out a virtual kick in the pants to all of us to get off of our duffs and start blogging again already. And, while I've already flunked his daily challenge, I am making the effort to answer his call for a rebirth of our blog activity. I'm here! I'm trying! And, most of all, I'm glad you all are back!

-------
P.S. To continue my public display of being desperately and embarrassingly unhip and terribly behind on current music, I'd like to also share that I think I am now in love with Pink completely. I have always loved her f-off attitude. And, her latest CD is sooo amazing...I can't wait to hit the treadmill tomorrow with it on my IPod. Before you say it, I know that I am musically behind by almost a year. I'm slow. But, at least I'm enthusiastic. So, throw me a bone, okeydokey?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh I'm so glad you're back! I don't know you in real life, but I consider you a friend.
LBC

9:31 AM, August 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very easy to let the blogging fall by the wayside, but it's great that you've got a support system that keeps you motivated! Glad to have you "back" and I totally agree about Pink--she's all over my running track list ;)

9:53 PM, August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home