Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mine was great, how was yours?

Some positives and negatives from my very short weekend jaunt away to see a dear friend.
  • Getting a row to myself on the plane.
  • Vegging to my favorite new artist on my IPod.
  • Soaking in the most gorgeous August weather I have ever experienced, in one of the most beatiful landscapes I've ever seen. (Geesh, how did I not know about summer in CO!)
  • Staying up until well after 2 a.m. catching up with my friend.
  • Sleeping in (well 9 a.m. is sleeping in for me!) and not having to make anyone's breakfast the next day.
  • Shopping for almost a whole day with no timetable, no stress, and a friend who will be honest if something doesn't look good on me.
  • Meeting a really cool blogging friend in person, enjoying her blog's "namesakes," and chowing her husband's great cooking!
  • Eating s'mores on the side of a mountain while unexpectedly catching a very long and impressive fireworks show in the distance.
  • Enjoying my last 1/2 day with a great breakfast out, window shopping in Boulder and enough time for a "pedi!"
  • Mistakenly getting in the frequent flyer's line and not seeing the HUGE waiting line for regular passengers. Being allowed to check in anyway and making my flight right on time.
  • Walking off a plane to my normally self-conscious 8-year-old literally running to give me a great big hug. Wow...that was the best feeling ever!
  • Coming home to flowers from my better half.
  • Enjoying the evening with my family and NOT working.
  • Discovering a great place to live, reconnecting with a great friend again, and recharging my mom battery just before school starts.
Now, negatives...
Oh, wait! I guess I have NO negatives from this weekend! Hope yours was great as well! Now, your turn...DO SHARE...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so, so great! I'm glad you had a good time and a fun weekend just for you :)

I've been looking for a new cd to fall in love with, I think I'm off to check out your recommendation now!

12:46 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Sounds like a great time! Wish I could have done that, too!!

:-)

7:25 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! You'll have to come up again and stay longer next time...

1:57 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger babs said...

Sounds like a great time away... and my favorite part is that you got flowers and the Big Hug when you got back!

4:02 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Lisabell said...

I'm sooo glad you came, too! It was a blast and I can't wait until next time! I'm glad you got to experience one of our four distinct seasons ;) Maybe you should start thinking about a fun winter trip...snow rocks!

6:17 PM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home