Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh, I'm such a tease!

When I worked in my brief stint as a t.v. news producer, I prided myself on being the queen of great segues and teases. For those who don't know, a segue is just like in conversation--where the anchor using some clever wording to get from one story to the next.

As for the teases, those are those brief 30 second promos you get right before the news comes on, telling you what big stories are ahead.

So, I thought I'd give you a tease of what's in my cue to be reviewed here at Crazy MomCat. I'm actually looking forward to all of these, and wondering if I will ever get those shoes! Here's what I'll be reviewing over the next few months, so far:
  • A well-respected brand name running shoe (please Mr. Postman...I neeeeeed new shoes My tootsies are desperate for them!)
  • A fun cookbook aimed at getting kids to eat the healthy stuff written by the wife of a celebrity.
  • The latest iteration of a must-have organizer that I used for many years in my career and I'll now see how it works for juggling a family.
I'm sure I'll have a few more come my way before the holidays, so stay tuned!

And, while I'm at it, a fellow blogger recently posed a great question the other day that had me thinking. If you are asked to review something and sent a product, and then you try the product and don't like it, is it better to blog honestly about it or choose to not blog review at all?

The example was given of a young "mompreneur" invented product, where the inventor is trying to get the word out through other mom bloggers to get her product noticed. The blogger's point was, she supports women trying to do their thing in the business world, so she might choose to not blog a review in that case, and instead write the business person and tell them why. Several commenters disagreed with this saying she was obligated to give honest review.

What do you think? One thing to consider too is that because we're able to pick and choose what we review, we often pick products that we'd like anyway. So, that is why many of my reviews have been positive. But, if someone sends you a free product with a request to review, and you don't like it, would you write up a negative review for your blog or just give that feedback to the requester?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly? I think you are obligated to tell the truth. I know I appreciate reading honest reviews rather than wasting my money.

Can't wait to read about the organizer. I've been shopping for one. Keep up the good work!

7:07 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home