Saturday, August 23, 2008

How you know you've watched too much of the Olympics...

...when you flip it on to synchronized swimming to make fun of it and then remained glued with your kids for the rest of the competition, making comments like "Wow. That's really amazing. How do they do that?"

Then, later...when rhythmic gymnastics comes up, you do the same (Ok, I did fast-forward some, but I am a former competitive baton twirler and some of what they do is quite close to what I saw/attempted growing up--minus the Cir-de-Soleil like body contortions, that is.)

If you love both of these events, please do not flame. They are just normally ones that are easy targets, I think. Even my son said of the swimming, "Mom, I don't like their hair and why are they wearing all of that blue eye makeup?"

And, all I could think to myself was, "Oh, my... if he'd only seen photos of me from my senior year of high school..."

Last thought...

Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt...man or freaking dyno-speed machine of perfection? Wow...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm kind of bummed I missed the rhythmic gymnastics then! I made fun of that relentlessly when I was a kid, but I think the older I get the more I appreciate any kind of real talent in others, and heck, I couldn't catch a ball in the small of my back, lol! And wow, did you see that Russian synchronized swimming team? That was gorgeous.

2:53 AM, August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home