Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Welcome to the jungle, come on and dig on in!

We survived our very first sleep-over party for my son's 9th birthday. I'll have a longer installment with observations soon, but for now I'll share this:

BOYS EAT A WHOLE FREAKING LOT!!!

In fact, dear LadyBug warned me ahead to have LOTS of food. And, she wasn't kidding. Here's just a list of the food I can think of that went down those skinny little 9-year-olds in a 17-hour period.

8 100 cal Sprites
8 100 cal Cokes
12 kids water bottles
6 Capri Sun Oranges
2 1/2 pizzas
3 bags of popcorn
1/2 chocolate cake
6 cupcakes
1/2 gallon of ice cream
various forms of sprinkles
chocolate syrup
hot fudge
m&ms
1 liter of coke
1 liter of sprite
1 dozen donuts
8 slices of bacon
1/2 a jug of orange juice

Thankfully, I had panicked about how much food we had and stocked up the day before. But, the hubs DID have to run for a couple of 2 liter soda bottles just to get us through the night. My big question from all of this is, where the heck do all of those calories GO and why can't I have that kind of metabolism?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP that is a lot of food! I'm glad you all survived and it sounds like the boys had a ton of fun :)

1:04 PM, August 07, 2008  
Blogger The Kitchen said...

That post made me hungry!! Sounds like you supplied all the boy basics! Glad the gang had fun!

6:55 PM, August 07, 2008  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

If they spend their time stuffing their faces, they can't get in trouble... LOL!!!

7:36 PM, August 07, 2008  
Blogger kristi said...

Wow, they do eat a lot!!

1:46 PM, August 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home