Thursday, July 24, 2008

The short version...

Today I turned 38.

I am sicker than a dog.

My kids fought/played nicely enough for me to keep sanity...barely.


I am overloaded with work at a time when I need the money, but don't have the energy/focus that I should and, thus I'll probably do a crappy job.

I remain envious of BlogHer attendees and have learned Blah-her isn't half as good of a conference.

It is raining. Hurricane Dolly kind of raining.

I have serious issues I'm tackling that I can't/won't blog about right now too. Life changing kind of things...things, I've alluded to on here before. And, it has me feeling sort of numb inside.

My throat hurts. My body hurts. whine...whine...

Please don't let this be an indication of how ending my 30s is going to be.

I'm forcing myself into eating a fabulous Italian dinner tonight with my in-laws. I probably won't even be able to taste the food I'm eating thanks to this cold/bug. And, I'll have to fake happy/perky birthday reactions. I suck at faking. sigh.

More positive updates (hopefully) soon...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Although, clearly you seem to be feeling less than happy... I hope you managed to get some vague enjoyment out of your day anyhow.

Feel better soon, and please try to carve out some time to just relax and decompress. It really sounds like you could use some MomCat time.

1:23 AM, July 25, 2008  
Blogger kristi said...

I am sorry.

I suck at faking too.

Take a hot bath.

Drink a margarita.

Feel better. :)

3:58 PM, July 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Twitter. I am a Houston mom too and I like your observations about cockroaches. You were wise to go to Disney before the hot tourist season. I agree with krist. Drink a margarita and watch your favorite show after the kids are asleep. Peace chick!

1:20 AM, July 26, 2008  
Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you ended up feeling better...margaritas are great for sore throats ;-)

9:38 AM, July 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home