Sunday, June 15, 2008

20th Reunion - Moments of Gratitude

A full recap will be posted soon, but for now...here's a few trivial things I'm very grateful for this past weekend at my 20th High School Reunion.
  • Volcanic Salvage -
    The Mount Pinatubo-like token stress zit that decided to crop up in the middle of my forehead DID NOT grow in proportion or erupt and was easily covered up with clever concealer usage.
  • Automatic Suck-er-in-age -
    One word, SPANX should be in every mom's vocabulary. Let SPANX be your friend, ladies...I got several complements on how I looked that I attribute directly to this miracle product. Why am I so late on discovering all of this?
  • Divine Intervention -
    Crampy
    , irritable, and bloated lingerings did not actually develop into a disaster situation given that I bought some lovely white linen capris from Ann Taylor for the occasion. THANK GOD!
  • Fancy Footage -
    Cute dressy flip-flops are my new favorite thing. Oh, and so is hitting Steinmart on a high-stock day and getting a nice pedicure to go with. Yay!
  • Free & Tasty Libations -
    A crazy guy from my class actually offered to make frozen margaritas for our evening shindig and bragged on his recipe. Homeboy delivered. The 'ritas were GREAT and I didn't even dip into my BYOB wine coolers that evening.

I'll have a deeper more thought out post on the reunion soon!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

must the be weekend for school reunions! I just had my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday night.

Hope you had a good night!
Nikki

1:59 AM, June 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPANX! Looking into it!

8:05 PM, June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home