Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surprise! An unscathing/non-depressing post!

I thought I'd change it up a bit--offer up something a bit more brief (well, for me) and positive. Here's a few tidbits from my week:
  • Making big changes at home lately when it comes to work--upping my consulting writing workload some and I may put my overly-eager-for-kindergarten 4-year-old into 5-day a week preschool. It's really a win-win. I get more work done, we get more money, and she's thrilled to go to school more. (Seriously, this is SOOooo different from my experiences with my son, that it is startling!) Now, if I can just deal with the emotional side of me that wants to keep my baby girl at home all the time, I'll be fine...
  • Found a new personal training all around fun site you might want to check out--MizFit has some really fantastic tips and homegirl is from Austin. How could she not be fabulous!
  • My kids actually begged me to enroll them in another VBS this week. I hesitated because it is the same theme as the one they did at our own church. But, I have to admit, working from 9:30 to 11:30 in the morning sure beats working those hours at night. My productivity is probably triple in morning hours, I've learned!
  • I'm starting to stress about my son's big sleep-over party. It's his first one, for his 9th birthday. I will have at least 6 other boys his age descending on my house with only a moonwalk, a sundae bar, and PS2 to save us. Lord, give me strength! (And, commenters with older kids, give me ideas to keep them busy all night--if you have any!)
  • That's it for now. My workouts are not going as well right now, as I'm trying to squeeze them in, but I'm counting down the days until school returns. I actually really miss hitting the gym at least 4 days a week and my routine. For now, if I can just get there a few times and hold my weight steady, I'm doing OK. It is August in Houston, for goodness sake...everyone is in survival mode, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

If you have an extra tv or two, have some of the invitees bring their playstations or xboxes or whatever they have. The boys will be set for the night! Trust me. I know these things.
xo
LBC

10:59 AM, July 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home