Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Football, peas and Lolo, please...

I don't typically tout the greatness of the most prominent mommy blogger out there. I don't even list her in my link list. But, today she proved why I will probably always read her blog. This is hilarious!

It is 4:30 a.m. and I went to bed early with a massive headache and woke up and then couldn't sleep. Some random thoughts rattling in my mind at this weird hour:

  • Little league football is going to be the death of me. My son just turned 9. He is playing with a team that is filled with kids well over 10 and for once he doesn't tower over the kids. Some have both height and size on him actually. Hubs admitted to me tonight that he's getting pretty mangled and even expressed regret that we signed him up this year, instead of next when he'd be on the older end. This did not help my tension headache.
  • Thank GOD Shawn Johnson finally won a gold. Homegirl deserved it and who can beat that cute smile? (Nastia, please take notes. You're as graceful as a bird, but you need to show some teeth for America girl!)
  • 3 words: Oh, NO...LOLO!!!
  • If you can't tell, we've been watching Olympics. I have to say however, that recording it on the DVR and fast-forwarding through things like badminton, water polo, and so forth is the way to go. Plus, it makes for entertaining viewing watching someone bite it on the trampoline it going at 300 times the normal speed.
  • Speaking of, why do they have trampoline as an Olympic sport and yet they saw the need to get rid of women's softball? And, BMX bike racing? Please...only my 9-year-old will be thrilled to watch that one.
  • Why does it have to rain every day of the last week of summer vacation?
  • Why every year do I have that feeling of regret that I only have one week left to do things with the kids? This feeling actually alternates with the sense of complete exhilaration that I will soon have time to myself to futz around my house and get things done. And, ohhh...the scrapbooking I have planned people!!!
That is all. I have to close and try to wind back down. One final thought--I may have to try edamame now....without the dog wound licking, of course.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

running off to chase my Toddler but had to thank you for coming by this morning in case youre not back in my 'hood to see the comment I left.

have a great day!

5:15 AM, August 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nickname is Lolo but I JUST learned about Lolo Jones yesterday. That was heartbreaking to see her crying under the stadium afterwards - tho I thingk she did a good job staying classy when being interviewed.

8:07 AM, August 20, 2008  
Blogger karla said...

Okay, the edamame video WAS pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

12:59 PM, August 20, 2008  
Blogger babs said...

Thanks for linking there! I forget to visit her all the time... and OMG, her hubs is so freakin hilarious. Licking the wound?!?

8:45 PM, August 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was SO DISAPPOINTED FOR LOLO.

love her.

she typifies overcoming so much to get there and then.

that said Im confident shes nothing if not resilient.

role model resilient.

5:39 AM, August 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do prefer Nastia's style of gymnastics to Shawn's, but I agree that Shawn definitely deserved that gold. She is such an adorable little leprechaun :)

Oh, and I am always taken aback when Nastia speaks in a completely American accent because she just looks SO RUSSIAN!

11:01 PM, August 21, 2008  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Wickedly, I totally agree with you...she's so Russian-looking! It's hard to believe she's from the burbs of Dallas, TX!

11:54 PM, August 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home