Monday, September 15, 2008

Warwick's in my 'POD...

Hurricane Ike's come and gone and all it has left me with is a very large hole in my roof, water damage on my ceiling and on my newly painted dining room walls, a house full of stir-crazy people who must stay with us, a lot of marital stress, and possibly 2-3 more pounds on my already maxed out body.

I could tell some tales of woe about now and complain, or at least update you fully. But, quite frankly, I really have it lucky compared to a lot of my friends and neighbors, and a WHOLE lot luckier than anyone living near the coast or a lot of Houston's beautiful tall oaks and pines. And, I'm not in the mood for details right now.

Instead, I'll share this. I was having a difficult day which became an even more disconcerting night. Instead of watching the DVDs I'd gone and picked out for my family to watch (because the DVD player DOES still work, thank the stars), I decide to sit in my little office nook and scrapbook and kind of zone out from the day. I needed to get my mind out of a very negative place. And, because I was tired of hearing my brother-in-law announce the play-by-play of the suspense movie I'd originally wanted to see from downstairs loudly enough for our neighbors to hear, I plugged into Itunes and headphones.

And, it was as if the Psychic Friends Network had channeled into my mood and took control of my shuffle, playing every melancholy or miffed sounding song that fit my mood EXACTLY. Somehow, I was slowly uplifted or at least empowered. Music has that kind of affect on me.

Thanks, Dionne. I'll try to forgive you for some of the cheesiest songs of the 70s and for your freaky "network." I've obviously underestimated its power, entirely....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Be strong, MomCat.

Someday this will all be very very funny... until then, it's just not.

I am glad you are all safe. Need to vent? I'm here for you!
xo
LBC

5:05 AM, September 16, 2008  
Blogger babs said...

I'm so glad you updated... been wondering how you fared. (and I suck by not getting an email off to you before this)

God, that is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves... watching a movie with someone who has to discuss it all. I'm glad you got to escape.

hugs.

10:04 AM, September 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add me to the list of people who are thrilled to hear that you are safe and sound. I'm sorry you went a bit stir crazy, but it sounds like you found the perfect antidote! Stay safe!

9:05 PM, September 16, 2008  
Anonymous Lino Kosters said...

There’s nothing we can do when it comes to the forces of nature. I do hope that you do have a good roofing structure. Having a roof in good quality is really dependable. It’s because its durability can stand the test of time. Plus, it can withstand the resulting chemical reaction against acid rain and snow that can actually damage the roof.

9:47 AM, March 20, 2013  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi MomCat! How are you now? I also experienced the hurricane and it’s really devastating to see the aftermath. Sometimes, it’s just like that. Nature is unpredictable and all we have left to do is adapt. We just have to make sure that our house is at its best so that we’ll be assured that we’ll be safe from the nature’s rage. I hope you have invested in a higher quality roof so that you’ll once again be safe should a hurricane come again. :)

-Kemberly Loyd-

12:08 PM, May 21, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home