Saturday, June 04, 2005

Genetics 101

Today, let's have a little lesson in Genetics 101...

But, first, to understand why this lesson is necessary, read my disjointed talk at two a.m. blog entry.

Now, yawn, on to our lesson. I should have mentioned in my wee-hour ramblings that I never was a stellar science student. Nope, I was an English teacher's child, and you could tell that the minute I walked into a science lab or math class.

So, here is the lesson I learned, which I feel compelled to pass on to anyone who will listen and understand, from someone who learned the hard way:

When two adults, both having a dominant "stubborn" gene, have a child, said offspring WILL take on the "stubborn" gene at double-strength. Some people refer to this backbone and say it's a wonderful quality to have and the sign of a future leader in the world. Those people were not up until 3 a.m. last night.

Yes, in the battle of wills, the spawn of two stubborn-bubborns won out last night. At 2:30 a.m., I exhaustedly ended the stand-off and picked up my daughter and rocked her until she fell asleep. I then fell into a combination tip-toe/run as I hurried out of her room, praying the floor didn't creak in the 10 spots that are creaky on my path to freedom. Finally, my head hit the pillow at 3 a.m....

...and then the mother-f-ing cat started to howl.

3 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

OMG. Is the cat still alive?! I would've killed it!!! I bet it's also a good thing that Natalie is so cute! :)

11:48 AM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger Dipu said...

Clearly a comment from a dog person. ;-)

1:48 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Good one, Dipu!

Actually, the cat is still alive and sadly, I am USED to her howling in the wee morning hours, for water, for more food, whatever. I have THE MOST high maintenance cat on the planet. You both read my Case of Involuntary Cat Slaughter. I am still dealing with that. I came home today, after cleaning the cat's box area so nicely last night, to find a hairball under the dining table, poop on the dining carpet, and the cat had URINATED on the tile outside of her box. You see, if it is TOO clean, then she won't go in there either.

And, yes, I may kill her this time. Someone might outta' call PETA now before it is too late...

4:36 PM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home