Wednesday, September 14, 2005

From bad to worse...

Well, I had planned to blog something light and fluffy today, something funny and short and, most of all, NON-WHINEY and NON-COMPLAINING about all our ailments lately. This will be short, but it isn't fluffy. Sorry.

I'm out of fluff. We just got back from the ER where we sat for close to 5 hours with my son, who was dehydrated from this damn nasty stomach virus that has taken over his little body. As a parent, it is so heartbreaking watching your child get so sick. But, I have to say, it is even worse watching your child have to have an I-V put in him to pump him back full of liquids because he's thrown up more times than you can count in the past 24 hours.

You feel helpless. You feel somehow like a failure that you didn't keep him hydrated enough to avoid it, even though every drink you gave him he immediately hurled back at the floor. Most of all you just feel sad. You'd give anything to trade places. Let them stick me in the arm ten dozen times! Just don't stick him even once. OK?

I'm glad it is over. He's back home and "hydrated" now, and we're praying this virus is on its way out finally. Because I don't think we can take much more of it. No, we'll be done now, thank you very much! Here's to happier blogging tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Oh Steph, I can't even imagine. Let's just hope no one else gets it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for y'all!

6:51 AM, September 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can SO relate. Sean has been hospitalized twice for 3 days when he was 8 and 10 months because he was so dehydrated. I remember the guilt, the IV, the exhaustion, the anxiety everytime I fed my son or opened his diaper and asked the intern "is that a normal poop?". I am so there with you Steph.

12:27 PM, September 14, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

An update, my son just called me "Eyeball Head" and is harassing his sister! Oh, JOY! He's doing much better this afternoon.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. Thanks for stopping by Tyra!

5:23 PM, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home