Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sweating out some poetry...

Last night was the beginning of what I hope will be a new chapter in my book. I had my first meeting with a personal trainer. And, I walked away impressed, overwhelmed and a little scared!

I've stalked the personal trainers at my gym from afar for awhile, trying to pick just the right one. I decided upon a lady with two small kids who has been a trainer for 11 years, hoping that I'd find someone who can combine nutrition guidance with workouts. I know my problem is not how much I eat, but what I eat. I'm tired of thinking about it all and would like someone just to TELL me what to eat and when to eat it and, by golly, I'll do that.

What I learned is that this program is not going to be easy and it will be a complete change in my whole lifestyle. That scares me some, but it also invigorates me. After taking all my measurements and enduring that damn fat calibration pincher thingy, I came home and made my grocery list filled with veggies and healthy items.

I woke up and went straight to the store and then on to the gym afterward. The trainer recommended that I run 2 miles today as well as follow a more strict diet until I can meet with her on Wednesday to get the full plan and my workout regimen.

I feel good so far. So, good that I came back and decided to take part in Nicole at Sitting Still's poetry challenge. (Check out my pal Tam's entry too--hers is really good!) And, because I'd just come from the gym, you will understand the topic of my muse for the day.

I am sweating,
striving for a goal,
that has eluded me so long.
But, this time I will reach it,
and my wings will dry.
I will fly freely...
forever more.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Great poem. I love that technique! I need someone to tell me HOW to write poetry and then I'll do it. Otherwise it's too overwhelming - much like diet and exercise, no? Good luck to you. You're off to a great start. I know you can do it!

12:50 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

I love that. You sound so positive and motivated. Go GIRL!!!

6:21 PM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! you will succeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed!)

1:19 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

dang, ya'll are good... i took part too :)

2:15 AM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, girl!! I'm curious to hear how this personal training goes, because I've been wondering if I should give it a try or not to give me some motivation. Keep that dedication strong!

6:23 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home