Wednesday, May 30, 2007

MomCat Reviews: A New Way to Send Your Love

In the coming months, you may find a new aspect to my blog, by way of product reviews. I've been approached by a few sites (the latest being The Parent Bloggers Network and MotherTalk) to do product and book reviews and decided to give it a whirl. I have not decided yet if I want to pull the reviews off onto a separate site, so bear with me. If you get tired of reading reviews on here, feel free to email me at crazymomcat at gmail dot com and let me know. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy them and they help you find products and books that you enjoy too! My MomCat promise to you is to always be brutally honest about things, even when a review might not be favorable.

So, with that, enjoy my first website review!
---------------------
Awhile back, I was approached to try out a great new website that lets you send much more than just an online "e-card." Since Mother's Day was right around the corner, I jumped at the chance to try it out.

Greetingflix.com touts itself as letting you put "Your Memories in Motion." And, surprisingly, I found this quite easy and fun to do.

By just clicking around on the site, I was able to create a photo collage of pictures of my mom from her youth, pictures with our family when my sister and I were young, and more current pictures--all set to really nice music and presented in an aged slide show format. Within minutes, I'd uploaded the pictures I wanted, selected my card format, and put it all to music. I was amazed at the results.

Apparently, so was my mother. She happily thanked me for my greetingflix card. But, the real kicker was when my sister confided in me later that my mom actually cried when she read it. The old pictures, set in the antique slide show format really touched her, and I was thrilled to hear it.

If you want to add a unique spin on your online greeting cards, without having to reinvent the wheel or invest in pricey multimedia software, check out greetingflix.com. Whether it be a classic look to a flashy and fun interactive experience, you're sure to create something memorable and have a great time putting it all together for your family and friends.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

Hmmm--a 100% rave review? I checked that site out, and while it was nice, I did find a couple of things to criticize. Nothing that would keep a person from using it, but definitely a couple of points worth mentioning in the interest of a fair review.

But you're a pushover. That's why you read Karlababble and find it enjoyable--so I love you for it.

6:34 PM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Really? I liked it, but I haven't ever used a site like that before so maybe I have nothing to compare it to?

Comment with your criticisms here. I'm curious now! I'm sure everyone would want to know too!

P.S. I'm no pushover...but i do love me some KarlaBabble humor. Actually, my husband just clicked through your site and found it great too!

8:27 PM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger karla said...

For one thing, the site didn't work in Firefox--I had to switch to Internet Explorer--although when I tried it this morning from a different computer, it did work in Firefox...so maybe that was more a problem with Windows 2000, since that's the OS on the first computer, while this one uses Windows XP. Or maybe it was a glitch they fixed, who knows. I had a second complaint, too--one that ultimately caused me to give up trying to upload photos--but I can't remember exactly what it was, and today when I tried it from the second computer it worked fine. I will continue trying to use the site, because it seems pretty cool.

Crazy Dadcat likes me, too? I'm taking over the world!

8:02 AM, June 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home