Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday Mumblings brought to you in Muzak

Dang, has it been that many days since I last posted? Sorry, guys. I'm afraid this post may not rock your world either. Oh well, here goes:

Startling Confession of the Day:

My name is Crazy MomCat, and I pack my laundry loads too tight.

Brilliant Musical Observations of the Day:

Kenny Chesney is the new Jimmy Buffet,

Brad Paisley is the new George Straight,

and Mandy Moore's new song "Extraordinary" is the new muzak (and hardly lives up to its title either).

Aimless Wondering of the Day:
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that it now seems completely socially unacceptable to be a female and not have a fresh pedicure if you're wearing open-toed shoes?

Gone are the days of simple, nicely self-groomed and trimmed toenails. No, now toes must be sparkly or French-tipped, in shades of plum, black and even neon green or orange. And, I can't keep up with this, my friends. I am officially uncool and unfashionable--right down to my chipped old standard pink toenails.

More interesting is that teens seem to be fueling this trend. The last time I got a pedicure (too long ago), I was amazed that about 2/3 of the toes in the salon belonged to girls under the age of 18. How on EARTH do these people's parents afford pedicures for teens, I ask you. There has to be a whole cult of gnarly-toed moms out there just hiding them away in Crocs waiting for their girls to get a job already!

Cute Kid Sayings of the Day:
From my son, age 7, complaining about his little sister:
"Mom, she bees mean to me all the time. It's the baddest she's ever bees."


From my daughter, age 3, when I mistakenly missed her little toe while trying to shove on her sandals.
"Oh, no! Mom! My piglet!!!"

That's all I've got folks! And, with that, MomCat has left the catbox...scratch, scratch...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

My piglet...

That was priceless, and worth the wait.

9:50 AM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Love the piglet! Too cute!!

Back off my Mandy Moore, Momcat! Ever since I saw the movie "A Walk to Remember" I have been a fan.

I am with you though on the teenage and younger girls getting pedicures. Hello??? I had to be 20 something before I could afford one! The other day when I was getting my toes done (thank God I have all boys!) there were moms coming with two daughters and all three would get nails and toes done? What is this world coming too?

5:32 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Margaret said...

I got my first pedicure at the ripe old age of 35. Another thing I don't get is the kids who wear Victoria's Secret and use high priced makeup....will the parents keep buying them this stuff when they can't afford it on their entry level jobs?

I loved the piglet too!

8:54 PM, June 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sophie, every time I go into Sephora there are what seems like millions of tweenagers in there and I can't fathom what parents can afford that kind of beauty budget. I wore Cover Girl and Wet and Wild up until just a few years ago!

Also, I'm crushed about the Mandy Moore song--I was really looking forward to hearing her new cd, now I'm not so sure I want to know...

10:24 PM, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home