Thursday, February 03, 2005

On a LIGHTER note...

So, my blogs this month have really mostly been deep and heavy topics. I thought it was about time for a nice superficial FUN one for a change!

Time for an embarassing fact about myself from the past...when I was a teen, I was very in love with Rick Springfield. You know, the dark-haired 80s pop singer who got his career start on General Hospital? The kind of pip-squeakish, borderline corny-as-David-Hasselhoff guy who made the move about himself and his woes as a pop sensation?

Ok, so I had every one of his tapes growing up. I blasted them and sang along and practiced my baton twirling to his songs. I did not go as far as switching from my soap opera, Days of Our Lives, to watching General Hospital though. (I had to draw the line somewhere!) But, I did see his movie, Hard to Hold, at the theater and just thought I really NEEDED to meet him and marry him.

Well, today in scanning the entertainment news I saw a link to a really funny site I sometimes visit, called Awful Plastic Surgery.com. The site compares old photos of stars to new ones and their "experts" analyze who has gone under the knife and who hasn't. It's QUITE entertaining if you have the time to peruse.

OK, I will also admit now that I got to this link today because I wanted to see if Jenn Sheft, ABC's newest Bachelorette, has fake boobs. (Yes, I've been sucked in to that show for years now!)

So, after seeing Jen's fake boob comparison, I scroll down to find this about my darling Rick. There are no words to describe the horror. His pale and saggy face IS FALLING OFF! AAAAGHHH, Ricky...what HAPPENED?



Oh, Rick! Say it isn't SO!!! Posted by Hello
P.S. To Lisa: This is NOT as bad as the stories I have seen on Adam Ant. HA!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

Ok, RE: Adam Ant, that was a LOW BLOW.
True. But low.
;)

2:10 PM, February 04, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

I shared the plastic surgery website with some girls at work and they LOVED it... good call!

1:35 PM, February 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plastic surgery or not, Rick is still a hottie and with a body to make all the other old men jealous! LOL. check out some of the great pics at www.rickspringfield.com

8:59 PM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home