Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Of Eggs and Those You'd Like To Egg!

So, to start off, my Easter was really wonderful. Yes, it was cold and rainy here. Yes, my kids had to hunt eggs again this year with their cousins in my mother-in-law's house. There was too many people, not enough space for the eggs, and little challenge to the hunt. And my father-in-law was very ill with either heat exhaustion (a whole other story) or a stomach bug and we were all worried about him.

But, it was still a great Easter. Why? Well, for starters, my son was thrilled with the Easter basket Mom left for him. Then, we actually made it to church on time, in time enough to get a seat in the packed sanctuary. My daughter looked like an angel in her pretty Easter dress. And then, the Easter service was--without a doubt--one of the most beautiful moving services I have been to in a very long time.

The entire church was decorated with spring flowers. Members of the church donated for a brass quartet. The choir and handbell choirs were FILLED with more voices and hands than I have ever seen them have before. And, I was just feeling so thankful to be there with a lot of my family that day. Then, when my son, decided to take off running down the aisle (on his own accord) to meet his "Maw-Maw" with a huge hug after Communion, well it just made my day (and hers too, I think).

I sat there re-evaluating things in my mind. We'd talked about leaving this church because of the service time and the drive we make just to attend where my mother-in-law goes by herself. Suddenly, that didn't seem such a big deal. Then, they announced their new summer hours which are just right for us. We have never given this church a complete chance. We go for the service and immediately leave, meeting no one and not even attending Sunday school. Sunday, I decided it is time to commit and to start being a real member of this church community.

Now, as far as the "Egg-in-the-Face" awards, I give those to three people. To the family members who decided to put their own outside plans over the well-being of my elderly in-laws, ignoring that they stayed out in the sun way too long (hence possibly leading to my father-in-law's very scary illness)---SPLAT, a double-yolker for you both. ARGH!

And, lastly, to that "archenemy" I spoke of in a
recent post, who just had $18,000 of plastic surgery to look trim and who still doesn't lift a finger to exercise. A hard-boiled big THUNK upside your noggin' for the comment yelled across the street at me coming back from the gym, "That Stephanie is just MORE MOTIVATED than we are, I guess." Uh, yeah! I don't have that kind of money to chunk down on liposuction and wouldn't do that even if I did. Hmm...where's another egg...she actually might deserve two. HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home