Friday, June 10, 2005

a shout out to the "Home" boy

So, I am posting this to my blog as a message to a friend. A good friend who has always been there for me, no matter what. A guy who thinks of others way more often than himself. And, I want to let him know that I'm thinking of him and sorry for the bad luck that has been bestowed upon him by way of a layoff.

I know he doesn't want to talk about this. I know the last thing he needs is the friend who tries to be the optimist telling him this could be a "blessing in disguise" or a turning point in his life to pursue things he has more passion towards. I know that he doesn't want any "I'm sorry's" or "It'll get better." Deep down, he is thinking this year is really a stinker and he's fighting that downward spiral of depression and pessimism.

I know. I have been there...and may be there again soon as my hubby faces big job changes and uncertainty right now too. As a self-recovered (most of the time) pessimist, it is so hard not to fall back into that cycle of self-abuse and negativity. And, when you have had a string of negative things happen, it is really difficult to see that things WILL get better. But, you must block that inner-pessimist out and move on. Because things DO get better. They really do.

So, I will leave this now just as it is--a shout out to my "Home" boy to tell him his friends are thinking of him, but won't bother him too much. Take the weekend and relax, garden, movie-watch, blog, and do whatever feels right. We'll give you three days to wallow, until we start burning up your phone lines, email box, and pounding down the door.


Get ready or go into hiding, because you KNOW it's coming...SO, don't MAKE me come up thar' and open up a can of Whoop-Ass on ya' now! (grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home