Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Prayer for My Sister

Well, in ironies of all ironies, I just got a call that my sister is in the hospital and it is pretty serious. Last night, she suddenly found herself unable to talk and disoriented. This had been exactly what had happened to our grandmother when she had one of her strokes, so my sister was able to write out to her husband that she thought she was having a stroke. He rushed her to the hospital.

The good news, they don't think it was a stroke at all now and they ruled out meningitis. But, the bad news is, they don't know what was wrong. Her blood pressure was very high and she had a headache. The doctors have run every scan on her body available to man, and are looking over the results trying to figure out what happened.

It took her 4-5 hours, but she can now talk. My sister is only 27 years old. Please say a prayer for her that this is not something life-threatening or that serious. They cannot figure out why her blood pressure would shoot through the roof like it did. She has had odd and minor health problems many times in her life, but nothing that would clue doctors in to what this might be.

It sure makes silly things like someone reading your blog seem really ridiculous, doesn't it?

12 Comments:

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

wow, consider it done. Will definitely keep her in my prayers and you as well. ( It does put things in perspective doesn't it!)

2:45 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Could it be an impending anurisym? I don't know if I spelled that right but know that she is in my prayers.

Maybe thats why you blogged about her is that you felt something was about to happen. Your previous post about her was wonderful.

5:07 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

gosh, that is scary. And I'm glad they ruled out meningitis, since that can kill people so fast. I'll definitely keep ya'll in my prayers.

5:33 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow again. I hope she's okay. It does put everything in perspective when someone has health problems.

5:40 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

I had a very similar experience with my sister...we had kind of been in an argument when she ended up in the hospital with clots in her lungs. I remember driving to see her feeling guilty the whole way. As soon as I got to her room and saw her, it was all okay. She knew that I loved her no matter what we might disagree on. You and your sister will be in my prayers. Hang in there...

8:44 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Gosh...my prayers are on its way. Hang on there. Everything will come out fine.

4:19 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Timing is such a weird thing. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

7:01 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Alison said...

Sorry to hear this! I hope they are able to figure out what it is soon, and that it won't cause lasting problems and/or can be fixed soon!

8:10 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Just a quick update that we're still waiting for them to go over all the test results with my sister. The doctors were waiting on all of her bloodwork to come in before they met to see what this could be.

I'll update this sometime today with what I find out. Thanks to you ALL for the kind words, prayers and comments.

9:19 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Lisabell said...

I'm a day late reading this; this is so weird. Please do keep us updated, and I will be sending good vibes to your sis. They will figure it out, it just may take some time -- but she's in the right place.

12:05 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Tonja said...

We are sending a prayer out to you and your family.
Tonja

12:37 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Well, we're stil in waiting mode. The lastest theory is that this has to do with a gland that regulates adrenalyne that is at the top of the kidneys. They're doing a 24-hour urinalysis and waiting on other bloodwork to see if this is the culprit. Whatever it is, it is doing weird things with her blood pressure. This morning, her pressure went very low, but by this afternoon she felt normal and ready to go home. We should know something by tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your prayers!

4:15 PM, March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home