10 Reasons Why Today Sucks Big Ones
- We overslept by 50 minutes this morning. My husband and I bickered like cats and dogs the entire time we had to get ready.
- After getting ready, I realized that my daughters car seat wasn't hooked up in my car which would make me exactly 5 minutes late for her doctor's appointment.
- While trying to install the seat, I realized that an entire water bottle had been thrown in it and it leaked its contents all in her seat through the night.
- I got a "you're pretty cruel" look from a mom of my daughter's friend when she found out I was giving my 2 1/2 year old a flu shot. I felt so cruel after my daughter got the shot and cried the whole way home because "something was bothering her."
- My husband, son and I had our shot at our church 2 weekends ago and now both guys have been sick and I feel awful today too.
- I realized we did not have her diaper bag and rushed home to get it before heading 30 minutes away to my Bible study class at church.
- My daughter cried the entire way making me feel even more lousy about the flu shot. Once I got home, there was no diaper bag and I realized I left it in my husband's car this weekend. My daughter starts crying again and informs me that she is not going to church.
- My cat threw up on our bedroom floor again during the night and I have to clean it.
- I just found out that my husband can't take any paid vacation at his job until January 11th. He gets only 1 day (besides the weekend) at Christmas and this is the year we're supposed to travel 6 hours away to spend it with my family.
- Everytime I try to do something proactive to keep my kids safe and well, it ends up backfiring and both they and I feel awful. I give UP!
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! Stay tuned for my next blog installment, "To Flu Shot, or Not To Flu Shot: A Blog Debate."