Monday, October 23, 2006

10 Reasons Why Today Sucks Big Ones

  1. We overslept by 50 minutes this morning. My husband and I bickered like cats and dogs the entire time we had to get ready.

  2. After getting ready, I realized that my daughters car seat wasn't hooked up in my car which would make me exactly 5 minutes late for her doctor's appointment.

  3. While trying to install the seat, I realized that an entire water bottle had been thrown in it and it leaked its contents all in her seat through the night.

  4. I got a "you're pretty cruel" look from a mom of my daughter's friend when she found out I was giving my 2 1/2 year old a flu shot. I felt so cruel after my daughter got the shot and cried the whole way home because "something was bothering her."

  5. My husband, son and I had our shot at our church 2 weekends ago and now both guys have been sick and I feel awful today too.

  6. I realized we did not have her diaper bag and rushed home to get it before heading 30 minutes away to my Bible study class at church.

  7. My daughter cried the entire way making me feel even more lousy about the flu shot. Once I got home, there was no diaper bag and I realized I left it in my husband's car this weekend. My daughter starts crying again and informs me that she is not going to church.

  8. My cat threw up on our bedroom floor again during the night and I have to clean it.

  9. I just found out that my husband can't take any paid vacation at his job until January 11th. He gets only 1 day (besides the weekend) at Christmas and this is the year we're supposed to travel 6 hours away to spend it with my family.

  10. Everytime I try to do something proactive to keep my kids safe and well, it ends up backfiring and both they and I feel awful. I give UP!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! Stay tuned for my next blog installment, "To Flu Shot, or Not To Flu Shot: A Blog Debate."

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

So SORRY, Steph. I totally feel your pain. Friday I looked in the back seat on the way home from daycare and noticed I had forgot to buckle Eli's seatbelt. So I pulled over to do so, when I found that not only was his belt not buckled, the entire car seat was just sitting on the seat. No latch. No seat belt, no nothing. It was not even in straight. Looked over at Lena's. Same thing. Oh my God! It had been that way for three days when we transferred car seats, set them in the backseat, and then got distracted. Given the recent car accident we saw, my stomach was in knots...

4:44 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

blogging is good for getting frustrations out of the system.... in many ways i feel like you at times;; too many hats, in too many pies.

8:58 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Vent away my friend. Hope it all gets better.
LBC

9:22 PM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your link off the nablopomo site! Sounds like yesterday wasn't the best of days for ya... I'm right there with ya!

All we can do is do the best can for our children!

Hope Tuesday is better for ya!

8:50 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home