Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lettin' the feline out of the confining sack-like object...

I was sitting there at the computer, just minding my own business. A-pondering over whether I should blog about my latest obsessions and which of those obsessions I might not be too embarrassed to reveal. When, I started scanning Bloglines for updates to my regular blog reads and I stumbled upon this little giggle-worthy gem. LOD never ceases to entertain me, but this time he has quite the novel-but-hilarious idea going.

And, as things typically go for me, his blog lead me over to Fussy's blog whereby I learned of her grande idea of a NaBloWriMo. You have not heard of it yet? Why, it's going to be all the rage in blogland come November! Like it's "novel" predecessor, NaNoWriMo, National Blog Writing Month (NaBloWriMo) will commit bloggers to writing something every single day for the entire month. Did you hear me? Every. Single. Day.

Just reading those words back triggers repressed memories of a time not that long ago. A time when I blogged freely about the most ridiculous of things like the importance of sports bras and strange things found in kids' toy-vending machines. And, then, something happened along the way. I stopped writing it all down, after all who really wants to read all of that silliness? I slowed and wrote only a few times a week and only published those things that I felt weren't just idyll lists and chatter.

And, well, something quite remarkable happened. Profound really...

My blog got DAMN BORING in the process! (At least it seems that way to me, reading back now.)

The less I wrote, the less inspiration I had. And, so, I will embrace this NaBloWriMo project. I will write about toe jam if I have to, to keep up the daily posts. So, readers, beware. This MomCat is about to be let out of her bag! MEOWWWWW!

P.S. In other news, a listing of my latest obsessions has been tabled UNTIL NOVEMBER. Dude, I've got to save the blog material!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

I never find your blog boring!! Blog fodder is everywhere!!
LBC

9:11 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Nicole said...

I check your blog every day! You're very funny...never boring! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

12:14 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

OK, I guess I should say here that this posting was not a plea for flattery...but thank you both very much! I enjoy both of your blogs as well and am lucky to have such loyal and funny readers too!

12:24 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger babs said...

i was gonna say, you better tell your obsessions! you know, just to make me feel a little better :)

2:03 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Alison said...

Hey, Steph, I heard about lots of flooding in Houston and I hope you are doing okay!

By the way, I do think it's true that the more you write, the more inspired you get to write more. When I'm in a strong writing mode, I just can't stop because I'm looking at everything from the perspective of a writer. When I did NaNoWriMo a few years ago, I not only wrote the one novel, but also wrote about 16,000 words towards 2 others, and blogged about it all pretty much every day! Lately I've been pretty stagnant...but signed up for NaNoWriMo again & I hope I go through with it!

10:58 AM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, NaNoWriMo... sounds like a way to make me really HATE writing!!! ;)

I do something like that NaBloWriMo thingy during the Christmas season... Holidailies I think it's called. It's pretty challenging and there's always plenty to blog about during the holidays!!

And no worries--I don't find you boring at all! Though I must admit I do adore totally random, silly entries about nothing at all!

7:08 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I signed on for the big blogorama, too. I'm thinking of doing it in reverse, though, and NOT blogging every day for a month. :-)

6:53 PM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home