Friday, October 06, 2006


Nothing Here But Dumb Lists, Folks...
(sung to the 50's classic, "Downtown")

When you get stuck and you don't know what to blog,
you can always write,
dumb lists...

When your site's been a drag and you're up late at night,
you can always make,
dumb lists...

It's late and that's all I've got, folks. But, here are some dumb lists to throw into my Friday Stir-Fry...so grab your chopsticks and dig in!!!


List of things my typically aloof cat will voraciously attack me to consume:
pastrami, cream cheese, peanut butter, tuna, and popsicle sticks (once the ice is gone, she likes to lick the stick--and, yes, I know that's gross).

List of the stupidest show I have found on TV late at night: Pants Off, Dance Off
(I know that I'm behind on actually checking this show out--but I finally did tonight. My comments--I like me some bad t.v. as much as the next person, but this is too much. And, when did that little Full House girl get off the drugs and on to the surgeon's table for those fake boobs?

List of random trash on the floor under the desk in my office nook (because the can is full and I'm too lazy to go downstairs for a new trash bag): a Buster Brown toddler shoe box, an empty ziplog bag, empty toner cartridge boxes, a C battery, a dixie cup, and 1 popcorn kernel.

List of foods I am having serious withdrawals for on this Godforsaken diet my trainer has me on: cheese in any form, carbies-sweet-carbies (oh pretzels, where for art thou?), my beloved staple--salsa and Baked Tostitos, Coke, lemonade, peanut butter...

List of foods I may projectile vomit if I have to eat anymore on this Godforsaken diet my trainer has me on: lettuce, veggies of all forms, egg whites, oatmeal, cous cous, chicken breasts (who ever thought you could burn out on chicken, I ask you?)

List of why I love my kickboxing instructor: she will break into the dance from Thriller upon request (and do it perfectly), she is a black-belt and has sent a guy to the hospital on accident because "she got over-zealous in practice once," if I slack she calls me on it and scares the crap out of me when she does, it is guaranteed that I will burn a record number of calories each time I go to her class, she is as funny as any stand-up comedian and I get to sweat off some pounds while I'm laughing.

List of why I love "Lost": Sawyer's pecks (drool) and his one-liners, Mr. Echo's calm wisdom, John Locke's brilliant mind, Sun's love story, Hurley's "Dudes," that freaky Others guy who played a serial killer on The Practice a few years ago, Matthew Fox (even as Jack, he still reminds me of Charlie on Party of Five--swoon), that the heroine Kate kicks ass (not as much as Ana Lucia, but she can hold her own), and Sayid's soulful "deer" eyes.

List of plot twists I'm worried about with "Lost": the new "civilized" Others and who they are (I preferred them as jungle-ravaged lunatics), the freaky Others guy who played the serial killer having his way with Kate, no future explanation for things like the black smoke and the polar bear, some sort of "it was a dream" kind of ending to the whole show (no flashbacks to Dallas and J.R. Ewing, please), that this show will continue to throw more and more mysteries at me until I get frustrated and start watching "Dance Off, Pants Off" (because I know what to expect out of that show).

List of reasons I have nothing interesting to say on my blog:
Due to a lack of carbohydrates, my mind is functioning at about 20 percent capacity,
Due to fatigue from intense training and workouts, the only part of my body that is not in pain is my left little toe;
Due to a really dull week filled with not eating anything appealing and working out every day, I have little room for entertaining blog speak; oh, and, lastly:
Because "my cat ate my blog entry" with some cream cheese on top.

Thank you and goodnight....

5 Comments:

Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Popcicle sticks are nothing... My cat is a bag licker. She licks those plastic grocery sacks... she licks them when they come home from the store... she licks them when they are being reused as trash can liners in the bathroom -- now THAT is gross!

8:34 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Lisabell said...

Oh, my late kitty, Meggie, used to lick bags AND most disturbingly, photos. Seriously, she must have gotten some kind of chemical high by licking photographs, but I would find them with people's faces literally licked off. It was very. very. weird.

6:13 PM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You canNOT do without cheese AND peanut butter. That's just inhumane.

(I love your Friday stir-fries.)
Have a good weekend!!

7:17 PM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeeell, I think in Lost's defense, they may have explained the polar bear in the premiere... Remember the cage that Sawyer was in, and The Other guy said something like "good job... it only took the bears two hours" or something like that? I'm thinking that there was some kind of "zoo" or whatever, which would also explain the horse that Kate saw in the jungle. But yes, I am getting kind of tired of more mysteries and zero answers--they really need to give us SOMETHING!!

12:34 PM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat likes popsicle sticks too -she empties out the trash to get hold of them, and in summer often carries them off and makes a little stash in the corner...

8:27 AM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home