Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Five De-Funkifiers

Five things that got me out of my funk from yesterday:

1. Getting in a good workout and coming home to watch my kids do their silly dances before bedtime. It is impossible to NOT smile when your daughter is hopping around like a frog and your son is doing his "little old man" dance. (You have to see to appreciate that one.)

2. Watching the season premiere of The Bachelor with my husband last night. We make fun of the bachelorettes, run odds on who will be the psycho/stalker girl of the season, who will be the "innocent" one, who are are favorites, rate the bachelor against the old ones. It's actually quite entertaining to be sitting on our couch each week! (If you watched, I HATE, HATE, HATE the Paris Hilton "wannabe" from Houston. How on EARTH could he pick her? And how is this guy an Italian prince, yet he does not speak Italian and lives in the U.S.? I missed the first 30 minutes, obviously...)

3. Getting to bed earlier last night for once. We crashed by 11 p.m.--it was my first night before midnight in over a week! I had very bizarre dreams, but I slept great!

4. Watching my daughter's face light up when she woke up this morning and realized that it WAS finally a school day for her. She counts the days, she loves her preschool so much!

5. Helping out with my son's 1st grade class and getting to play teacher for about an hour today. I loved it! Kids are so fun. You never know what they'll say.

Thanks for your comments and support on a hard day for me. There are some bright rays of light shining in my life right now too--by way of a new personal trainer and losing a few pounds. It helps me to focus on that when I'm feeling down. More updates on that soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Amazing what some exercise and sleep can do! I actually went to sleep at 9 last night and feel awesome today. I should do that more often. With a two year old that wakes up at 5:30 every day, I ned all the rest I can get!

Glad you're back on track!

5:58 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Old Man dance?? I'm cracking up just imagining that!

I'm glad you defunkified, and I've got The Bachelor on TiVo to watch this weekend. I love that cheesy show ;)

8:13 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

You gotta be de-funked if your kid does the Little Old Man Dance! LOL!!!

It's always those little somethings that give us the grins!!
xo
LBC

8:12 PM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home