Thursday, January 11, 2007

Being Crazy MomCat...

First of all, an apology to everyone for my posting drought on here. I have found lately that, aside from my normal state of being over-committed and stressed out, I have a little blog-block going on. Randomly during day, I'll think, "Oh, I should write about that," and then when I sit down to write something it is gone, vanished into the black hole that is my head. Lots of things go in the black hole these days, but not many come out!

And, a round of thanks go out to my dear pal over at Jessie's Girl. I've suspected she had psychic powers in the past, but now I know that she does. She must have sensed my writing blockage and put out a call-to-action--in the form of a weekly blog challenge. This week's challenge asks that we get introspective. So, here goes...

-----
They say with age comes wisdom, and I agree with this completely. I also think that being a parent has helped me a great deal in becoming more of the person I hope to one day be in this life. There is nothing like watching your own character flaws be repeated in your darling little cherubs, to make you want to fix those flaws or at least improve upon them.

With all of that said, there are certain realizations that age and maturity have brought to me. This whole post reminds me of that really odd, but uniquely fun and different movie a few years back, Being John Malkovich. So, I present to you:

Being Crazy MomCat

I will always be:
  • slightly Type-A,
  • insecure about my physical appearance,
  • a compulsive cleaner,
  • over-committed with projects,
  • striving to achieve a life balance,
  • a sentimental fool,
  • a little vain,
  • a romantic dreamer,
  • slightly pessimistic ,
  • oddly knowledgeable about pop-culture,
  • curious and searching,
  • looking for my calling in life,
  • a bit of a t.v. fanatic,
  • direct, open and honest,
  • a little emotional,
  • crafty,
  • a long blog post kind of person!
  • an insomniac/night owl,
  • a little mainstream,
  • athletic and sporty
I will always have:
  • a tendency to fight the feelings of being "in a rut,"
  • a wide variety of musical tastes, interests and friends,
  • an athletic build (waifishness is an impossibility),
  • an urge to travel,
  • a need for close friends,
  • lots of "irons in the fire,"
  • insecurities about feeling unimportant to those around me,
  • issues with self-image,
  • too many things to do and not enough time,
  • a bit of a temper,
  • dreams of being more artistic,
  • fears of losing my loved ones,
  • wishes that I could sing,
  • bigger dreams for my children than myself,
  • the need to write my thoughts

I will never be:

  • a smoker,
  • an alcoholic,
  • footloose and fancy-free,
  • spontaneous and eclectic,
  • lazy and unmotivated,
  • pretentious,
  • purposely hurtful to my friends,
  • competitive with friends/family,
  • a whiz at math or business,
  • a professional singer,
  • fake or a liar,
  • someone with tattoos or lots of piercings

With age, I have changed, in that:

  • I've learned to roll with the punches more,
  • I forgive myself easier,
  • I take better care of myself,
  • I care less about what people think of me,
  • I care less about how many friends I have,
  • I dress more in what works for me now, not what is en vogue,
  • I hold less of a grudge,
  • I realize the importance of my upbringing and values,
  • I am more introspective,
  • I revel in the differences in others more,
  • I realize I will never be as perfect as I push myself to be,
  • I value my free time more,
  • I have learned that some people never change/to keep some at an arm's distance,
  • I find things that I do love about myself more

I may add more to this later, but as you can see the topic definitely got me to thinking! See if you can join in and post something introspective. Be sure to go visit Jessie's Girl and tell her you're participating!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You're a first born right? I'm reading the Birth Order Book right now and it describes you to a T. You should read it if you haven't! I think I'll try Jessie's Girl's challenge, too...

Great introspection!

10:25 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Very interesting!

Don't worry about the block. You'll get it back.

10:46 AM, January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, Nicole's comment is interesting... as I was reading all of your traits I was reminded again of how much I can see myself in you, and I'm the oldest in my immediate family. I may have to check out that book, it goes along with a lot of the thoughts I've been having lately.

And I totally understand your blog block. I've been on a roll with topics lately, but I know that drought will hit soon--blech!

1:19 PM, January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, we certainly seem to have an awful lot in common. Including, but my no means limited to, the blog blockage!

6:17 PM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see some familiarity in your list. This is a great post. Think I'll use the idea, too!

12:32 PM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home