Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sharing the support...

If you have the same struggle in life that I do...that being a struggle to live fit, eat nutritiously and get to a healthy weight, the good news is that there is a lot of support out there. In light of a weekend of not-so-great (but it could have been MUCH worse) eating on my part, thanks to a 4th birthday celebration for my daughter, I thought I'd share my two favorite weight loss/success story blogs.

Melodee has been an inspiration to me for quite awhile now. I first stumbled across her original blog, The Amazing Shrinking Woman, which was featured on Club Mom this past year. Now, her site, The Diet Naked Blog, continues to chronicle her ups and downs with food after losing more than 50 pounds. She's about 20 pounds from her goal weight and I find myself cheering for her to hit that goal.

Roni's Weight Watchen site is such a vault of incredible information, especially if you follow Weight Watchers. I have in the past, so I understand all the talk of points ranges. Most fun are her videos, often done with her toddler, making various recipes or teaching how to make healthy foods, such as spaghetti squash. After watching all of these little videos for many months now, it feels like you almost know Roni--like she's your neighbor friend or that mom you hang with at playgroups. And, the girl has lost around 65 pounds and has kept it off. So, what's not to admire really?

I think the reason I keep reading both of these blogs, aside from the fact that they have a wealth of helpful nutritional information, is that both women are brutally honest with their continual struggles. These are people who have successfully lost most of what they need to lose, and yet they still have awful days where they fall off of track...and they're not too proud to share that in full detail. It makes me feel like my goals are a little bit more attainable when I read that, to be honest.

I hope this inspires any of you who are battling the bulge as I am to keep it up! Who knows, perhaps one of these days we'll be blogging about our big successes and sharing with readers along the way as these two bloggers do daily!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Roni said...

Oh Geesh! I'm "the mom" LMAO

So funny I don't think I put myself in that demographic yet.

Thanks for linking to me and I'm glad I can help!

6:45 AM, April 14, 2008  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

OK, OK...you're the cool neighbor chick down the street. Is that better?

I'm solidly in the mom category...I can no longer escape it. HA!

8:34 PM, April 14, 2008  
Blogger Roni said...

I'm getting there. I LOVE being a mom I just don't think of myself as a mom. Not sure if that makes any sense. LOL

Give me another year. In the meantime "cool neighbor chick down the street" works for me!;~)

8:52 PM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home