Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What I'm up against...

In case you have ever wondered why I struggle with my weight...

This weekend, while separating out two egg whites for my breakfast after making regular eggs for the rest of my family who was visiting:

Sister: "What are you doing?"

MomCat: "I'm separating the eggs so I can just eat the whites."

Mother: "What do you do with the yolks, save them?'

MomCat: "Well, no. I just throw them away. I know it is wasteful,
but I can't figure out what else to do with them."


Mother: "Why don't you just give them to the kids?"

MomCat: "Well, because the yolk is the part that isn't good for you,
especially if you have to watch your cholesterol...which I do.

(blank looks from Mother and Sister)

MomCat: Sooooo, if it isn't good for ME to eat them, why would I give them to the kids?"

Mother (self-assuredly): "Because they taste good."


This from the woman who thought she was helping me with my diet by buying frozen deep-fried, breaded mushrooms. (It's a vegetable, right?) Sigh...family. God love em...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Leanne said...

I hear you!!

I converted the whole family to eggbeaters.

That whole "tastes good" thing totally doesn't do anything for your hips. (And by that I mean MY hips.)

10:50 AM, April 15, 2008  
Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Gotta love the logic...
xo
LBC

11:20 AM, April 15, 2008  
Blogger karla said...

My mom was famous for that. Fettucini alfredo? "That's good for you!" she'd say. "It has milk in it."

12:41 PM, April 15, 2008  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

OMG! My mother and yours must have been separated at birth!

Here's a story about the hubs who is quite the diet-evader. He takes my youngest to the grocery store. Youngest requests turkey burgers because they are healthier. The hubs buys them JUST FOR DAVID and then buys beef burgers for himself. Even my 10 year old was like, "Mom, shouldn't Dad be eating the turkey burgers too?"

This is what I am up against.

10:07 AM, April 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home