Thursday, February 17, 2005

pop! pop! pop!

Did you hear that sound? That's the sound of gray hairs sprouting out all over my head. Call the hairdresser, I need a highlight NOW!

I love my daughter. She is truly adorable. And, it is also so cute how when I say "No, Natalie!" (even in my most firm, scariest "I-mean-business" voice), she only laughs and continues on with whatever she's doing--be it trying to climb the stairs, biting into a cord, going after the cat's food to eat it, etc. She thinks it is a game at this point, and I can't seem to do anything to make her understand when something is dangerous.

This morning it was dipping her finger into the top of the vaporizer, which had vaposteam fluid in it and then putting it in her mouth. Yes, I have already called poison control today and it is not even 10 a.m.!

Thankfully, she is fine. But, it was scary. Ryan and I were both crying. She was coughing and gagging, probably because of the nasty-ass taste of it all. I know it was only a miniscule amount, but after seeing a horrifying story on Dateline once where a child died from pouring baby oil all over them, I tend to take things like this very seriously.

I do have to say that the Poison Control center is awesome. The guy was calm and reassured me that she'd have to drink from that bottle to get enough to make her sick. "Don't worry, mom, and call me back if you get concerned at any time." Whew.

I was going to post a funny hate blog about my cat today. I'll have to do that later. I'm still reeling and counting the silver strands cropping up on my noggin.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home