Friday, March 11, 2005

Poo-pons?

It is official. I have NOW seen everything!

Living in the 'burbs as we do, we are inundated with solicitors and those annoying little door flyers that seem to just appear on your door at least once a day. Some of the guys who put these coupons/ads out get creative, taping business cards on your window or wrapping rubber bands around your door knob so you have to work to get it off. It gets very annoying to say the least.

Well, today there was a nice clear plastic bag with several ads in it, gently hung on my front door. I noticed a local restaurant we'd never tried, so I decided to look through it, rather than just tossing it without a glance.

So, there is this gold-colored ad that I noticed, because it has a picture of a cartoon dog in one corner and a picture of a shoe stepping in dog poop with the "do not" circle over it. The title of the flyer said, "Is dog poop a pain in the grass?"

Yes, after reading it, I have learned that for the low price of $10 a week, this company will actually come and PICK UP DOG POOP out of my yard! Not only that, but they will "rid your yard of all the waste and haul away the mess ourselves so it doesn't stink up YOUR trashcan." That's right, I have now gotten a "poo-pon" in the mail and, you know, I am SO tempted to call them up and use their service!

Seriously, I can't believe there are actually people who DO this for a living! The name of the company is funny too--"Mine Retrievers." I'm just wondering, do they collect all this dog poop and sell it to the mulch companies? What exactly do they do with it all? Can you imagine your significant other coming home and giving you a big hug and smooch after his/her long day of picking up other people's dog poop? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Ironically, right behind this ad, was a coupon for a really nasty-ass Chinese place we tried recently. It's called "Choonbai" cafe...but after eating there I'd renamed it to "Chewin' Bile" because that's about what it tasted like. Hmmm...notice a theme here? I wonder if I should be concerned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home