Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Big "BUT" in Butterflies

So, today I have been silently stressed along with exhausted from my near 1-year-old's late night wake-up calls the past two nights. My stress comes from the fact that in exactly 1-week, I will have family and a couple of friend descend upon my house for Natalie's first birthday party. Why am I stressed?

I have planned NOTHING!

Seriously, until just about 30 minutes ago, I had nothing firmly planned aside from telling people what time to be here and there would be cake and ice cream.

I am a horrible mom. I don't even have her gifts yet! Isn't that awful?

It's just been crazy lately and time is flying by entirely too fast. So, tonight, thanks to a much-needed, caffeine-laden coke this morning (I've given them up for the most part), I am wired. And I found THIS idea online for a birthday party--a butterfly birthday theme. It is so perfect! I already even have the scrapbooking paper to do the butterfly pages for it!

BUT, can I pull this off in such short notice? Take a look at this cake. I would LOVE to make this cake. I envision also having little cupcakes along the sides for the cousins coming, each with a little butterfly on it. Their favors could go in little butterfly nets! I'm thinking it all out now. Only it is ONE FREAKING WEEK AWAY.



Am I nuts, or dare I attempt to make this? Posted by Hello

Why do I do this to myself? Do I like premature aging? Because I know that each time I have a stress attack and put unrealistic goals upon myself like this, I gain a few new wrinkles. My husband is sleeping. If he wasn't, he'd be shaking his head at me and telling me something like, "Steph., don't get in over your head. She's one year old. Don't DO THIS to yourself again." I don't care! Tomorrow, I am hitting the party stores looking for butterfly plates.

I think the reason I am so into this particular theme is a song that I've saved back to put in Natalie's scrapbook, that reminds me of her. It's from my favorite singer, Martina McBride. And it just describes my daughter this first year to a tee and always makes me get teary when I hear it. I'll probably be posting it on my family-friendly site on her birthday too, actually. But, here's it for now:


She's A Butterfly
She remembers when she first got her wings
And how she opened up that day
she learned to sing
Then the colors came, erased the
black and white
And her whole world changed
when she realized

[Chorus:]
She's a butterfly, pretty as the crimson sky
Nothing's ever gonna bring her down
And everywhere she goes
Everybody knows she's so glad to be alive
She's a butterfly

Like the purest light in a darkened world
So much hope inside such a lovely girl
You should see her fly, it's almost magical
It makes you wanna cry, she's so beautiful

[Chorus]

God bless the butterfly,
give her the strength to fly
Never let her wings touch the ground
God bless the butterfly,
give her strength to fly
Never let her wings touch the ground

[Chorus]

God bless the butterfly,
give her the strength to fly
Never let her wings touch the ground
God bless the butterfly,
give her the strength to fly
Never let her wings touch the ground

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home