Friday, November 03, 2006

An Ode to Eko...

Continuing with my pledge of daily posting for NaBloPoMo, I give you an "Ode to Eko." It is my reaction to the stunning events on my Wednesday night guilty pleasure, Lost.
(And, please excuse my butchering of the iambic pentameter...)

Oh, Mister Eko...


Brave warrior with staff of script;
Consumed by black smoke,
injured and ill-equipped.

Why did they have to take you away?
Was it your drunk-driving bust?
Or writers with too much time to play?

You were mysterious, strong, and brave,
You held so many dark secrets in silence,
Only a ghost knows the confession you gave.

The true spiritual warrior with a tortured heart.
We have so many unanswered questions,
that we don't know where to start.

Mr. Abrams, why must you torture,
our loyal viewing souls?
Bring back our dear Echo,
for our discontent grows...

And should decide to take another away,
Keep your hands off sweet Sawyer,
His pecs are the candy
...on which my eyes play!

4 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

On one of the TV blogs I read (yes, I have no life!), they said the actor who plays Eko recently lost his parents and asked to be written off the show. Personally, I didn't like the episode that much... but then again, my LOST friends here have been calling me Debbie Downer. ;)

3:47 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't watch the TV show, but I agree that's he's good eye candy!

6:18 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through the NaBloPoMo list.

I love LOST and I love your poem. I couldn't believe Eko died! I agree - they better keep Sawyer, he's my favorite one to watch. ;)

8:06 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ladies must really be worried now that you have to wait to February to see if Sawyer gets shot!

10:24 AM, November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home