Friday, January 12, 2007

Euphoria is mine...

I held it gingerly in my palm, afraid to touch it.

It was so tiny and delicate, like a daffodil freshly picked on a spring day. I feared one deep breath would blow it from my grasp, scattering it in pieces all around me.

This thing that I had wanted for years was finally mine. I did not feel worthy of its greatness.

For a week, I had waited and waited for the right moment to touch it, inspect it fully, really dive into the wonderfulness of all it had to offer to someone like myself.

Each night, I'd lament when I found the night was at a close, and I had still not fondled it.

And, finally...tonight.

The children were all nestled in their beds....
the husband away at a poker game...
and I spied it on the kitchen counter, beckoning me to come to it.

And, oh...did my eyes dance at its beauty as my heart skipped--marveling at its speed and grace. I mentally pictured myself using it over and over again and tried to imagine the sheer euphoria it would bring to me.

It was finally mine and I would never, no never, let it out of my careful grip.

Yes, my friends, I finally got an Ipod Nano and I am ONE HAPPY CAT!

Wait. What did YOU think I was talking about?

4 Comments:

Blogger speedygeoff said...

I for one thought you were talking about an Ipod Nano.

1:18 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda guessed the Ipod too...cuz that's exactly how I felt when mine came in the mail.

10:15 AM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Ooooooh I'm soooooo jealous I almost can't comment. ;)

8:13 AM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Geoff, you may not comment for every post, but you always manage to crack me up when you do.

Karly, glad to know I have a kindred spirit in Ipod-nerdyness!

And, MM, don't even THINK about not commenting. Remember, you're more than a .5 commenter. HA!

10:45 PM, January 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home