Thursday, July 19, 2007

Saying Goodbye


You were so many things, and more to me than I ever realized. At times you made our lives very difficult and you were hard to love. Yet I did love you nonetheless.

You were my Simba. My Sim-Sim. My baby kitty, even until the day you died. Soft and cuddly, yet not one who let others in completely. You let me love you, and that made me feel special.

There are things about you and me that are so alike that I know we were meant to be...pet and owner. You were there for me when I was a young adult and a new wife, with a husband who had to travel each week far away for work. Something about having this little tiny fluffy kitten in my new home made me feel secure and safe, like I was not alone.

I will never be able to repay you for that, but I hope you know that for all the times I grumbed about your issues, talked about how high maintenance you were, and listened to others complain when you wouldn't let them near, I loved you more than any cat I have ever owned.

Rest in peace, little Simba. I will miss you so...I already do.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...I'm so sorry.

Pam

6:52 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Jess said...

A hard, hard thing to say goodbye to a soft-coated friend...

I'm sorry, sweetheart.

7:35 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Leanne said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry, SO sorry for your loss.

:(

{{hugs}}

7:41 AM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Lisabell said...

I'm so, so sorry -- I know how hard it is. If you want to talk, I'm here...

10:10 AM, July 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no :( This makes me so sad... I'm thinking of you, and hoping the hurt goes away soon.

1:57 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh...I just found your blog and...we're so sorry for your loss. It's the hardest thing when they go off to be free, whole and happy and leave us behind.

2:14 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Thumper said...

Awww...I am so sorry. Those furry little people worm their way in and don't let go. I love the idea of the Rainbow Bridge and that those pets that have gone on are there, playing and waiting...you'll see Simba again.

9:30 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Lori_N said...

I am so sorry. You made me cry just reading your post. I've lost 2 cats and one of them was just like Simba, he only loved me too.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to put your link on my blog. I love cats and I'd like to see what you come up with next.

Take care.

10:29 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Dipu said...

I remember she was always good to me when I'd petsit, and I know many didn't understand that she just required a little more patience. Even in recent years she usually let me get close to her and pet her eventually; I think I even got her onto my shoulders once briefly. Yes, she saved most of her love for you alone, but it just shows that while she may have been picky, she chose well. I'll miss Simba, and although they can't really understand or know, I'd like to think her sisters will too...

11:14 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Dipu, you were one of the few people that she let do that, I hope you realize. I think it is because somehow she knew she had a connection to you...as weird as that sounds.

Lori--sure! Thanks very much for the linkage!

Thanks everyone for your wonderfully supportive and kind words. I still can't believe it when I think about my little kitty and that she's not here now. It seems so surreal to me actually.

2:02 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bless your heart. I am so sorry. It's never easy to lose such a good friend.

3:42 PM, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm so sorry. Losing furry friends is so tough.

5:16 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home