Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Laugh now. Monday's over.

OK, it has been a seriously busy bee-otch-with-a-capital-B kind of a week here, people. Hence the lack of postage as of late. So, you get bullets. Deal.

The good news (Read--look at me. I'm an optimist. Wheee!):
  • I finally got a work project from the consulting guru in the sky. Money, money, money--come to Mama! Cha-ching!

  • I managed to go to a pretty darn fun and definitely fancy costume party this weekend and pulled off an almost too short go-go dress and boots. Those boots were made for walkin'...

  • I finally had my son allergy tested today and he did not kill me for doing it, even after all 35 scratch tests on his back...the poor lad.

  • Sunday, I pulled off a feat of epic busy mom proportions when I did the following: taught at Sunday school, came home and worked for an hour, made chocolate lava bites for later, got the daughter dressed and to a far away birthday party, drove there and back, and made it back in time for a pumpkin carving block party.

  • Got lots of pictures of the costume and block party and I have a date to scrap tomorrow with a new friend. I even successfully air brushed away a second and third chin line AND whitened my teeth in one shot and they're ready to process and scrap. Yippeee
Now, the bad news (Read, oh, come ON. Don't you know me by now? Like this is any surprise, people!)
  • The work project is already done and dang it if I didn't earn enough to pay for that digital SLR that I have been coveting for about 5 years now...looking into selling bone marrow for lenses soon.

  • All my pictures from the costume party were blurred beyond recognition because my darn point-and-shoot-piece-of-crap camera blew it again. See the previous bullet about bone marrow, please.

  • My son is now labeled "highly allergic" to, well hell...everything just about. All grasses, molds, dust mites, cats, Houston air. He now has to start shots weekly. Great. How many Sonic slushies am I going to have to buy over the next 3-5 years to make up for this to him?

  • Dude! Did I really admit just that airbrush comment aloud? Note to self--buy Crest White Strips tomorrow at Wallyworld. Second note to self---lay off the damn chocolate lava bites and get on the blasted treadmill, you jabba-the-hut-necked woman!

  • I just had to retype this entire blog post because stupid blogger hiccuped on me and I lost everything. It is not as funny the second time around. Sigh.

In case my self-deprecating chin humor did not make you laugh, I'm quite certain one of my longtime favorite blog reads will do the trick today. Sheryl had me in stitches with this one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are not lying about the busy!! Poor son with all of the allergies :( I still remember my allergy testing. They had to do the scratch test and those horrible bubbles on my forearm, but I was so proud of them, ha! Kids are weird ;)

12:04 PM, October 28, 2008  
Blogger Kimberly said...

You need to teach me your editing tricks! Maybe you could charge for your skills and make the camera money in no time :)

We went thought 2.5 yeras of allergy shots. Lots and lots of lollipops. But now? She's cured.

Good luck, sweetie!

12:10 PM, October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with that bone marrow gig! Lenses are expensive. I busted my first one when I accidentally turned around and it went slamming into the side of my car. ARGH!

12:44 PM, October 28, 2008  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Wickedly - My son's were on his back. If he'd have been able to see them we might have been in big trouble actually. HA!

Kimberly - That's so reassuring to know. Thanks!

Sabrina - That completely sounds like something I would do. I will have to be careful if I DO get a decent camera--let me rephrase that WHEN I get a decent camera. HA!

8:41 AM, October 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home