Saturday, July 16, 2005

Going just plain "loopy"

A good sign of either certifiable insanity or definite over-protective parenting:

This morning our daughter, "Miss Kitty," had this mysterious blotch of stuff on her shirt. It was a bright blue color that only looked to us like the color of Miracle Gro plant feed. My husband and I frantically searched for what she could have gotten into, bickering at one another about how there could even be Miracle Gro in our house. (I have a small box of it for indoor plants at the very top of our pantry away from the food.


Me: "Honey, she couldn't have gotten into that. It's at the top of the pantry."
Husband: "But what if she did? Why even keep that in the house?")

Around this same time, my daughter had a blow-out diaper from hell and started really crying. This made our anxiety even worse and we were baffled as to what she ingested and got on her shirt. I was ready to call poison control if anything else disturbing went on with her. She's very inquisitive and constantly getting into things.

It was then I walked into the pantry and saw the big box of fruit loops, which I had fed her this morning. Peering inside, I noticed a bright blue one...just the color of Miracle Gro.

Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home