Thursday, July 14, 2005

Welcome to Crazy MomCat!

Well, the CAT is out of the bag now! You've clicked that link and found that Steph is no longer taking herself too seriously. (About time, huh?)

Welcome to Crazy MomCat! For those former readers of Seriously Steph, thanks for joining me at my new address! And, to those just discovering this site, welcome and c'mon in!

You may be asking, why the change from serious to crazy? Well, I have wanted to change up my blog site design for some time, to something a little more clever and fun. The crazy part is easy. My life IS crazy right now. To those who think "settling down, moving to suburbia and having two kids" is mundane, I heartily laugh (HA!) at that notion. My life continues to be one long string of insane moments, and doesn't seem to be settling down anytime soon.

As for the MomCat, well the Mom part is obvious. I have two kids--a son who is almost six and a daughter who is 15 months. To keep with my cat theme, I'll now appoint them names of feline distinction. Son is now Wildcat and daughter is Miss Kitty. Husband will be called Daddy Cat.

I promise, I won't continue with the cat jargon much longer! Anyway, as for the "Cat" part of the blog name--my maiden name included the word "cat" in it, my parents currently have 5 cats and have been "cat people" to the MAX all my life, and I have one very high maintenance feline s well. So, the cat just made sense to me.

This site will mimic the style of my Seriously blog, but I've made some changes to the sidebar you will notice. There you'll find links to my pals' blogs (The Cat Pack), links to some blogs I am currently reading (The Cat's Meow) and links to some of my "greatest hits" entries from my old blog (Cat Scratch Fever).

As always, thanks for visiting my blog and if you like something or have something to say, feel free to comment, comment, comment away!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

Wow, this is a surprise! Very cool. Hey, you could call Jimmy "Tomcat" as well :)

Did you design this yourself??

9:52 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

ugh, Tomcat reminds me of TomKat... but I love your new design! And I bet it really will help you be more playful!

(thanks for including me with the other "Cool Cats" in the Cat Pack) :)

9:55 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

This is great! Good to have a little more privacy too, I'm sure. I didn't know "Miss Kitty's" exact age until now, but guess what? Baby's 15 months, too! Nice to know you're in the exact same baby spot as I am.
I look forward to reading more!

11:29 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Nope. I can't do the Tomcat,Lisa, although I had thought of that. Aside from the obnoxious connotation I have with that now because of Tom Cruise, my brother-in-law is Tom and...well, let's just say I can't call my husband that and leave it at that...

Lucinda, I wondered about your baby as well, so that's great to know--I'm sure we'll have lots to discuss as they get closer to two!

2:40 PM, July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home