Monday, July 11, 2005

Where have all the bloggin' gals GONE?

OK, I was a lurker on ChickenFlicken's site and was sad when she closed it down. And, now, one of my absolute favorite bloggers is no more and I am SO SAD! Coffeegirl was so entertaining and interesting, and such a talented person. And, she was one of the first people (aside from my personal friends) to read my stuff and add my site her "Bloggin' Chica Posse" list. I was so completely honored and got so many visitors to my site from her linking me.

I am so bummed! All because of a completely nasty and scary comment made on her site, after many previous ones. Coffeegirl, if you ever visit my site again, I'll miss your humor! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and link on my site--I felt a sort of kinship with you in many ways. I am so sorry for all the hate comments you got, but know that for as many hateful ones there were ten times that in people who really connected with your site, as well as your humor and wit. And, there were probably just as many, if not more, lurkers out there who read and loved your blog, but never commented!

You will be missed! So, change your mind and COME BACK!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, i just found you and i am a girl :) But I agree, a lot of good sites have closed down due to nasty comments. I just ignore any hatemail I get, but then again, I only get it on a very small scale.

6:49 AM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD point, Song! I have a TON of great bloggin' gal pals I have made that I still read daily (when I can!)

Thanks for stopping by!

7:45 AM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

HEY, I like your new look! (the avatar in your sidebar)

btw, does this post mean that I'm free to include "seriously steph" as one of my favorite blogs to read?

1:44 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, actually babs, I'm just about to have a "redesign" of my site and once I do that, you can link me. I'll no longer go by "Steph" then and for some reason that feels safer to me!

I did that avatar and now I'm probably not using it. Oh well! HA!

1:57 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Coffeegirl the other day...must have missed this.

I get my fair share of nastiness (it comes in waves and TRUST ME, i have been called every name in the book.)

I wonder exactly what happened? That sucks, she was a nice gal.

10:02 PM, July 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home