Thursday, July 07, 2005

almost done/no substitutes for a cuss

I hate to curse it, but I think I just finished my last tech writing project for a long time. AND I AM SO FREAKIN' HAPPY! HOLY SHIT was I sick of this damn project dragging on and on and on!

That's all I wanted to say really. I need to go to bed.

But, wait! One last thing, before I go. Would you find it weird being lectured by an in-law for saying the word "freakin'" in front of his kids? (This didn't happen to me, but you KNOW how much I use this word, especially on this blog.) The argument was that freakin' is a subsitute word for the big "f-bomb" and it wasn't appropriate in front of kids.

My son even uses freakin' on occasion. Hmm. This reminds me of when I was a kid and my Mom used to get upset with me for saying even darn because she said, "It sounds too much like damn, and that's just not O.K. in this house." (Yes, i was the first child and led a very restricted existence for much of my early years...don't get me started...it is why I cuss like a sailor today!)

So, my argument here is that if you can't use a SUBSTITUTE cuss word in front of the kids, then what can you even say? And if FREAKIN' is bad, then wouldn't something retarded like "Golly Gee Willowkers" or "aw, shucks" be just as bad? I mean, they ARE substitutions too!


>>Interesting but useless interjection here: Did you know when you spell-check the word "freakin" it gives you "foreskin" as a replacement. Hehehe...i'm tired, can you tell?

3 Comments:

Blogger Dipu said...

Hey, piss them off even more and just say "f'ing" from now on!

2:39 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger babs said...

oh yeah, you reminded me how I got in trouble for saying "crap" when I was little! And in middle school, I wasn't allowed to say "suck" around the house either...

(my mom used to say "oh fiddlesticks" Doesn't that sound like I grew up during the Depression or something?!?!)

10:16 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

We all say "flipping" in my family now that we're Napoleon Dynamite fanatics.

4:37 PM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home