Friday, October 14, 2005

Highest Honors

Ladies and gentlemen! We interrupt this regularly schedule blog discussion on finding joy in your life, with this announcement.

The Crazy MomCat family has now been awarded the gold medal in the field of Barfing. That's right, 2005 has been a stellar year for those cats when it comes to all things up-chuck.

Perhaps you read about our original Barf-fest 2005 earlier this year. Or maybe you read later how we had come completely undone with illness, which resulted in an ER trip for my son. Well, we felt we had not secured our gold medal for all things vomit, so my son decided to projectile his spaghetti and meatballs all over my car this evening. (The only positive thing I can say about this was that I wasn't present to witness this achievement...I just got to help clean after.)

The car is outside with the windows down, after being thoroughly wiped down with bleach wipes and carpets shampooed. I'm praying I don't walk out there tomorrow morning to smell that lovely odor again. I might have to do an encore performance of vomiting if I do!

What is it about vomit odor? It is almost as bad as cat pee in terms of it's permeability and staying power. You know, I really feel like if we want to win the war on terror, we could do a lot by taking some of our planes in and dropping off some "kitty pee" bombs or spraying down "vomit showers" on the enemy using crop dusters or something. You can't tell me that wouldn't have an impact!

The barf comes at a bad time as well. My husband and son are supposed to go on their campout tomorrow (which SHOULD have translated into--Mom doesn't have to cook for two days and might just scrapbook her little heart out). Now, they may not go. We're still holding out hope that it was just a freak "barfident," brought on by eating a plate full of spaghetti and meatballs and then playing soccer. Yeah, stuffing the child full of pasta right before a sporting event...that probably wasn't smart on my part, was it?

Anyway, I don't mean to whine all the time about barf and cat pee, but I just can't really take much more of either. So, now that the powers that have be have declared us the gold medal winner, do you think we could finally put an end to this barf-fest before the holidays? Or should we plan on tossing our Christmas cookies as well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home