Where the heck I've been...
Where the HECK Has MomCat Been?
This summer, so far, I have done the following:
- Edited and managed the production of a back-to-school issue of my community magazine for which I'm working.
- Wrote 3 stories and all the filler information for said magazine, coordinated with three new freelance writers and three new photographers.
- Taught my church's little church service for 1 month during the regular church services. Also began planning for coordinating the children's church next year.
- Handled the registration for my church's VBS program, worked two days to help everyone get signed in.
- Did a small technical writing gig in the middle of the VBS registration, which left me scrambling with my laptop to coffee shops during my free hours while the kids were at the church to do the work. Decided I love to work at Barnes & Noble most of all--great atmosphere, music, cafe...I think I'll work there in my elder years or be a librarian or something.
- Got my kids through 2 VBS's and 2 camps, one of which was at our Museum of Science downtown and a big pain in my you-know-what to drive to each day for a week.
- Lost my beloved kitty after 13 years of sharing our lives together.
- Wrote a post about GMST (click there to find out what that was all about). Did the work for several days, then promptly got overwhelmed with work and quit eating smart and cut back working out immensely. Say it with me, "repeating old habits is the story of my life."
- Gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks because of the previous bullet. @#$@#%@!!!
- Went to a 20-hour weekend long marriage retreat with my husband. Learned amazing things about relationships, emotional maturity, and all sorts of thing about why I am the way I am today from my past. Will share more on this soon...
- Currently reading 2 books for review, awaiting two pairs of shoes for trial/review, and trying to get back to scrapbooking--my most favorite hobby.
- Frantically working out, cursing myself and realizing that I have hideous body image to boot. (More on that soon...)
- Beginning to back-to-school shop and get ready for normal life again when the kids are in school/preschool and I can get on a normal schedule.
- Trying to continue to update my church's website, adding pages as needed, all the while looking for a freaking way out of this job.
- Planning my son's 8th birthday and 4 days of visiting by my family. Should be highly interesting since my Father isn't comfortable staying anywhere more than 2 days, both my parents smoke and we do not, and I am always stressed out about my kids birthday parties. Say this with me, "Makings for a family feud and great future blog posts."
So, that's all I can retrieve from my weary brain. As you can see, I've had a lot of irons in the fire. A fire that I'm hoping will die down soon or you can expect a really psychotic blog breakdown very soon. Oh, and did I mention that I'm fighting feelings of extreme jealousy at all my blogging cohorts who are going/at BlogHer this year?
Yeah, I'm destined for the straight jacket soon, I'm sure. (GRIN)